We'll See

Jason Pov.

    "How? How did it happen?" I ask the Seven, grief filling my voice.

    "Sh-She found out the way to get our immortality. The way was for us to k-kill her." Red states. I leap up in rage.

    "So you just discarded her?! You killed her, just to have your goddess damned immortality?!" I clench my fist.

    "N-No! She d-disguised herself as an en-enemy of hers using magic. W-We killed her without knowing." I feel my rage dissolve. 

   "I was ready to kill you." He forces a smile.

   "You didn't have a fighting chance." I feel a grin spread on my face, knowing that I stood more of a chance than he thought. I turn to the other Seven, preparing to tell them.

   "Which one of you is the water guy?" I ask. 

   "Crude phrasing, but it's me." Jin answers. 

   "Good, someone I can work with." 

   "What do you mean?" His eyes narrow. "I'm not a bandit." 

    "I mean, about a week ago I woke up, and started to do this." I focus my mind on the memories of roses. Pretty soon, one appears in my palm, made of ice. Everyone's shock is reflected on their faces.

     "H-How?!" Sky asks.

     "No idea. I tried the water stuff, but nothing happened. I can only use ice." I respond.

      "I-I think I know h-how." Jin stutters. I stare at him, interest peaked. "J-Jess knew about this, she gave me some sort of weird hint in the l-letter. Knowing her, she p-probably struck a deal of sorts with the Formers, for your safety." I grit my teeth. Jess cared too much! She could have lived, but I was in the way! I feel self hatred fill me, but don't let it show. 

     "That makes sense." I say through clenched teeth. 

     "Jason, we need to tell you something." Sky starts. "Aph didn't want you to know, but your mom wasn't...normal, to say the least. She's I-Irene." I know my jaw is on the floor, am I really a son of Irene?! 

    "No, that's not possible! Jess was the only one with powers in the famil-" I'm cut off by Max.

    "Before this, have you ever done something you can't explain? Like maybe when treating wounds they heal too fast, or you knock a door off it's hinges with only a soft tap?"

    "No I haven't!" I pause for a moment. Have I? There was this one time I fell off a cliff, but I got right back up! Another time I was stabbed by a traitor, right in the gut. "Wait. Maybe I have." 

    "Just entertain the idea for awhile. Try pushing your limits, see how far you go." Ross suggests. "Maybe you'll find that you can go farther than mortals."

    "We'll see." My eyes narrow.