A Bond Unbreakable.

Adam Pov.

    We trekked through the dense brush, on our way to stop a bandit camp nearby. They've been a problem to the locals of a nearby town, and we've been asked to stop them. I can't look Jess in the eyes without blushing, because of last night. She pulls me aside. "Got a minute?" She asks, I nod. "I wanted to ask, would you do me a favor?" 

    "Sure!" I respond cheerily. She gives me a small smile, I've noticed she's been a lot sadder recently. Is she ok?

    "I want to have a backup leader in case something happens to me, because unlike you guys, the Seven can function without me." What? She's trusting me?

     "Wh-Why choose m-me?!" I stutter. Adam, stop making an ass of yourself!

     "Well, the others look up to you. I may take care of them, but I don't fulfill that role." I guess that's true. "I want to see you be leader for a day, I'll hang back. Will you do it?" I reflect for a moment on her behavior recently.

     "If you promise me you're not about to do something stupid." She's been acting strange, and I don't want her to hurt herself. There's a long moment. She's hesitating! Why is she hesitating?!

     "I-I promise. Now I'm going to stay back." She fades into the tree line, to presumably follow us, and see how I do. Why did she hesitate? She wouldn't lie to me, would she? I trudge back to the group, explaining the encounter on the way there. They are as confused as I am, but we go to the camp anyway. There's about fifty sour looking middle aged men sitting in the clearing. We don't use reasoning, because the first time we tried bandits tried to stab me from behind. I see Red levitating their weapons away from them, without the bandits noticing. Jin, and I know what to do. We create a cover of fog, combining our elements.

     "Hehe!" I hear Shubbs giggle, and I look over to see her doing her emotion thing. It's scary to see that she made bandits fall in love with inanimate things, this one guy is now making out with a tent pole. I see Barney, and Max working together to make a lava flow look natural. The bandits not influenced by Shelby are trying to save the camp from it. 

     "What the hell is happening here?!" I hear a bandit shriek. I put more work into the fog, concentrating it around us. Red taps my shoulder.

     "Do you think we could do this the old fashioned way, o' wise, and fearless leader?" I nod.

    "If you want to be boring." He levitates all their weapons around him, charging right into the now dense fog. Jess would be great here, her light could help us see through it. Also this would be completely over if she was, she could easily wipe them out by herself. We probably can too, but it would take long. Jin, and I retreat the fog right a once. The bandits all turn to us. There's a moment of silence until the earth starts to make pillars under their feet. They fly into the air, and I get to work. I make a storm, and Max makes the lightning. Then I notice another group of bandits at the entrance of camp! We continue to fight, and they don't charge to help the other bandits. When the fighting is done, I turn to them warily. They just watch us, until a very familiar one speaks.

     "We kind of wanted to redeem the money for this job, but ok. Where's my sister?" It's Jason. He is strolling through the unconscious bandit bodies, sometimes picking up things he sees from their stuff. When he makes it to us, I see Aph run into the clearing.

     "Jason!" She bear hugs him, her momentum knocking them both to the ground. He hugs back, but tries to get up. She won't let him.

    "Anybody told you that you'd make a good wrestler?" He asks teasingly. She giggles, and sits up.

     "Just excited to see you! Been awhile." He makes his way up, Jess sitting on his lap. If only I were him right now. Not, of course, in the brotherly way.