This Shouldn't Have Happened

Red Pov.

      I give the others a questioning look, and they nod, so I read the letter.

      "All of you,

     You were the best friends I've ever had, and I want you to know that. I didn't give my life so you could wallow in misery, it wasn't your fault. I've known how to get your immortality for a while, and I'm sorry for not telling you. The Formers wrote a letter, showing me how. Dusk was corrupting, even without having bad intentions. They gave her a host, along with Prism. They needed the Seven to kill the host, and that was my job. Tricking you. I pretended to be my uncle, using the amulet, knowing you guys would attack him on sight. I appoint Adam as leader while I'm gone, I'm sure he'll do great. Please tell the Few who I was, and visit Jason. He's going to need Jin's help. The Seven needed a way to keep Adam from falling apart, so he could lead. Their way, was to create a girl artificially. Her name is Alesa, and she's his other half. Please Adam, give her a chance. She's in my old village, without any memory of growing up. Shelby, you're going to have to tell them about your trip to Ebott eventually, so why not soon?" I notice Shelby freezes at the last sentence, what is she hiding?! "I loved all of you, some in different ways than others. Enjoy immortality, enjoy having your wish. Never loose sight of who you are, and continue to help the world.                                                                                                                                                                     -Jess." I finish, a tear slipping down my face. Jess gave her life for us... N-No. This is a bad dream. It shouldn't have happened. Adam has the amulet clutched in his fist, and shatters it in rage. Something strange happens. Jess's body turns to dust! It's golden, and scatters on the wind. 

     "N-No." Shelby's eyes widen. "She c-couldn't h-have been." She mutters under her breath. We slowly make our way to the tent, some of us leaning on others for support. Shelby, and Ross are holding each other, making sure they don't fall. I'm helping Jin, Max, and Sky, with Barney. They are basically in shock, losing the love of their lives... it must have been horrible. What did Jess mean, 'an artificial girl'? I shrug it off, and open the tent. 

     Shelby Pov.

     Th-The dust. It can only m-mean one thing. When monsters die they turn into dust, was Jess a monster?! No, we know her parents. So why did she become dust?! The question stops me from hyperventilating at her loss. It's my only comfort, besides Ross's warmth next to me. I fall asleep on his chest. This shouldn't have happened.