Welcome

Sky Pov.

    "H-Hey Red?" Shelby asks. Red looks up from the axe he's sharpening. "D-Do you remember Cory?" Red pauses for a second.

    "That's that kid that you used to know, right? I only met him once." He states. "You two were attached at the hip, until you disappeared." Everyone stares at them, curious. "Then you changed your name, and your parents wouldn't tell me why." Wh-What?! She changed her name?!

   "What?!" Ross demands. 

   "Wait, Shubbs, did you not tell them?" Red asks her. 

   "Figured it wasn't important." She answers.

   "How would that not be considered important?" Red inquires. 

   "Just didn't seem like-" I cut her off.

  "Shelby! Tell us the truth!" She seems to stare at her sweater sleeve. 

   "Am I really that easy to read? I guess so, Cory could usually tell what I was thinking." She pauses. "Sky, can we go somewhere, take a detour before the Few? I promise, I'll clear this up." I consider her words.

    "O-Okay. Where?" I ask.

    "A place called Mt. Ebott." She responds. 

    Timeskip, Shelby Pov.

   "Come on guys! Try to keep up!" I walk up the mountain, loving the nostalgia. That's exactly what Cory told me when we climbed here! I just hope he's alive, like Jess said. Jess...Just thinking her name hurts me. She's gone. 

   "Why are we even here?" Jin asks.

   "This looks dangerous." Ross adds. 

    "It's not. The only thing that you have to worry about here, is a flower trying to give you friendliness pellets." I joke, knowing they wouldn't get it. 

   "That's oddly specific." Red comments.

   "You'll get your answers." I double our pace, excited to be here again. "Eee!" I squeal, realizing we're at the pit. The Underground entrance. 

    "Well, can't cross here. Guess we should go." Max turns, trying to leave.

   "No, you aren't supposed to cross here. This is where you jump." I let myself fall backwards, into the chasm. I hit the ground, but feel no pain. I sit up, surprised by my surroundings. I'm in a blue room, that is empty except for a black door. This isn't the ruins! The heat clues me in, I'm in Hotland! No, not Hotland. This is the Core!

    "Shelby!" Ross cries. 

    "Oh lurrhs! Wes can'ts let's hers dos this!" Barney yells.

    "I-It's t-too late." Sky stutters.

    "Hey, get down here! I'm not dead!" I squeak. 

    "Sh-Shubbs?" Jin asks.

    "Yeah! Jump!" I call. 

    "Can we take a vote? I don't want to go first." Jin states. 

    "I'll go." Red volunteers. "You better not be trying to kill us!" He shouts. 

   "No, why would I do that?" I answer, trying my best to sound evil. 

   "Aaagghhh!" He jumps down, and immediately regrets it. He flails around, but when he hits the ground, he's fine. "H-How?" He stutters, looking around. 

   "Not important. I still don't know exactly how." I get fed up with the waiting. "Ross, just teleport them down here!" After a moment, a very confused group of people are staring at the area. "Welcome, to the Underground."