Smile For Me, Always.

Adam Pov.

         "Jess!?" I shout. Oh goddess, what happened?! "Jess!" I cry out, somehow hoping that'll fix what we've done. Her eyes close, and she falls to the ground! We all run to her, and I'm frantically looking for a pulse. "There's no heartbeat!" I'm on my knees. Why did this happen?! What the hell is going on?! She was Loki! I feel tears rolling down my face uncontrollably. There's a long moment of sobbing, confusion, and grief. How will we live without her?! How will I live without her?! She can't be gone! We couldn't have killed her! The news won't sink in. She wouldn't die like that! We don't let go of her, even knowing she's gone. We don't let our hopes fall. There's multiple thuds, and we see the boxes that have landed next to us. Eight of them. No one moves towards them, we're all unwilling to let her go. It takes an hour to give up. We're exhausted from the crying. I slowly reach for the box labeled Adam. I see the others are doing the same to theirs, so I lift the lid. It's a letter, no surprise.    

      Adam,                                                                                                                                                                                                                   I want, or wanted, to let you know that I love you. I want to see you happy, even at my own expense. There's someone else for you, her name is Alesa. The Seven built her to be perfect for you, everything about her is your perfect girl. They made her so you'd be okay after what happens to me. Adam, you need to lead them now. I know you'll do good with her by your side. Take care of them, when I'm gone. Don't blame yourself, you didn't know. I just want to know that wherever you are, you're smiling. I've always loved your smile. Go find her Adam, she's at my old village. Dusk found her. Give her a chance, or you'll both feel empty, without your other half. I love you more than I can put into words, but your happiness means more than words. You'll know her when you see her. Smile for me, always.

                                          -Jess

        What does she mean?! I can't be okay without her! I'm not going to throw her away like that! I feel myself breaking, but I try to look strong. I need to lead them. Jess was the light of my life, how will I live without her?!