Chapter 16 (The Great Face Off)

Outside the house Oliver tried to remember all of the best things that had ever happen to him like; how she met Caroline on that winter season. The snow fell gently as he walks on the streets of Atticus, it was the time where Cyrus left Soristis & began to grow deep hatred on him. Oliver felt depressed because he lost a great friend & a brother at the same time. In that great despair & loneliness he found someone to peter out the pain through Caroline, back then Oliver was a handsome young man while Caroline was a fair lady with Caspian eyes & short blonde curly hair. Since that day everything changed, from friends they became something more. A family who always has each other's back.

But the reminiscing didn't last much for the moon had finally revealed its light catching Oliver's attention & out of nowhere Caroline, Andrew & the others appeared back just in time for Oliver to prepare the spell. Suddenly the doors of their house got thrown away by Cyrus's force as he steps out on the house floating & in full rage.

"Oliver show yourself!!!!" He shouted.

This is where Oliver finally steps in to finish what he & Cyrus had started.

"Cyrus my dear brother it's so nice to see you again" He greeted.

"Oliver my dear half brother I was afraid you wouldn't show yourself. I am starting to think you let your wife & kids do all the fighting while you just sit here, & when it's all over you'll take all the credit just like what you always do to me"

"Still had that grudge on me huh Cyrus?"

"Why shouldn't I? All you ever did was steal everything from me. You were always been the best to our father's eye. I just wanted to prove myself to him that I can be great as you are! But he chose you instead of me. Now you left me no choice, I have to take that wand from you so I can rule Soristis & show those who doubted & mock me that I am powerful & superior than you would ever be!!!"

"You can't do that Cyrus, the wand already chose its new master & its power belongs to Andrew now! We'll use this to escape this wretched prison that you put us through!"

"You think I'll let some completely young stranger get it in my way? The wand could really use a more worthy sorcerer like me. Not some neophyte like him" Pointing at Andrew.

"Enough of this Cyrus! If you want to get the wand you have to deal with me"

"Haven't you learned on our last battle? I merely took you down" Cyrus insulted.

"This time it's different. You & me in an old fashion sorcerer showdown. Last man standing wins"

"Such confidence you got dear brother, let's see if you can walk your talk. Very well then I accept your challenge the one who out powers the other will be the victor. My staff against your wand"

The moon stood brightly as Oliver & Cyrus began their duel. Both of them position their selves each on the side of the fountain facing each other with intense expression on their face waiting on who will make the first move. Oliver's family together with Andrew, Lauren & Tristan steadily contemplate the two of them anticipating a vigorous match ready to blow.

Finally it began with Cyrus casting a spell called "necrobats" sending a swarm of vampire bats to Oliver but he quickly counter it with "firewall" incinerating them in to ashes. Then Oliver hit back with an offensive attack combining the element wind & water calling it "hydro sphere" but it was block by Cyrus's barrier.

"They are both good in using offensive & defensive spells" Andrew observed.

"Isn't it amazing how Mr. Crimson controls all four elements?" Tristan spoke.