Sonic Forces isn't an excuse for OC creators (and here's why)

Warning: This is just me whining like a child because OCs are a thing now. Feel free to ignore this one if don't feel like reading me scream like a crying baby

- - - - 

With the release of Sonic Forces, opinions are very mixed. Going outside of wattpad the reception is very warm and welcoming to the overall concept of the game and it's overall structure. Much to everyone's pleasure the game brings back many elements that fans are familliar with and enjoy and handing it to you in many ways than one. The game has a solid story, fluid gameplay, very classic music and three gameplay styles for the enjoyment of the varying types of fans and gameplay methods. 

Many are happy, except for me. I am part of the minority who couldn't take the good parts seriously, because of it's flaws. Many have told me outside of wattpad that if I didn't like the new news about the game, then I'm not a real Sonic fan. While I could give a whole chapter of why the mere claim itself is a dumb, waterdowned excuse to push away all negativity towards this game, this rant ain't about that.

If you read the title, you already expect to read me being a big salty bag of chips about the Hero Mode of Sonic Forces and why I don't think it's such a big deal. But I have more opinions on that then just "I think it sucks because you can make DA OCs" and while that would be my most generic comment, I have seen so many people that have made it evident that this gameplay style would mean the world to them as a person who grew up on these games. 

I do not know how to relate to them, because unlike many people who claimed that they have played many console Sonic games, I only ever played 1 official game and 1 fan game so I don't exactly relate to them, and accept this the way they do,

And then there's the irritating fans here and outside of wattpad who have taken this gameplay style too much into heart. While the point of the game and the Hero Mode is too join the rebellion (but I guess now is called the uprising?), I am not exactly a fan how some fans would exaggerate this to a different degree. While I'm sure lots of people will yell at me and overemphasize the main idea of the game (the "join" part) I am here to give my own argument of the limitations this mode has when it comes to interpretation and why I dislike it as both a mode and a means of advertising.

Prepare to hate me, because once again I'll be shitting on OCs again

(I'd like to warn people here that this was made in June 2017, and after a case of unfortunate events, I only got to touch this again in September 2017 so I'm sorry if some statements clash with other ones)

First off, obviously anyone who's been a round for a while will probably know that I hate the main theme of Sonic Forces in general. Not to say I hate the game entirely, but the core idea of "the story depends on the bond between YOU and SONIC" doesn't make me feel right. You can argue and say that I'm probably only complaining because this is a new gimmick, and I'd agree. Or maybe you'd say I only hate it because I hate other people in general and I'd still agree (for the most part).

As of writing the rest of this, the game is pretty up for preorder with costumes and everything. Half of me applauses to SEGA for riding off the popularity of their other titles by dedicating costumes on their other franchises as a means to get people to grab more cash (oh and Shadow too I guess) but the other half of me feels disappointed? I can't exactly describe it too well either.

The only reason I'm disappointed in the Hero Mode, as means of marketing, is again of the thing I love to emphasize. Sonic Forces does not know what demographic or fan-pandering it wants to focus on and it shows.