Archie Sonic Comics

Requested by Trinity_Prower8 (Oh boy, hot diggidy dog HERE WE GO! (might rewrite this in the future tho))

(Note: This chapter has been rewritten. It is possible that a comment or two were deleted due to many points and topics being either rewritten or completely removed. I apologize if your comment is one of them)    

Warning: I know some of my comics here might sound rude, and I hope you guys understand. I'll only cover stuff based on my current knowledge of the Archie Comics (mostly from memory) and some information about the comics might not be accurate or wrong. I allow corrections or comments telling me that I'm wrong. This is just my opinion after all.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the comics, and now that its most likely gone an  ended, there's still a lot to nitpick. Well honestly it's gonna be hard talking about the comics in general, because I would really prefer to talk about singular topics, but I'll do my best.

I do have a fair share of comic reading, ever since I got introduced by my sister to the comics. I read them online because I don't live anywhere where comic shops even exist.

Anyways, The comics are pretty cool. I love the artists, although some of them can use some work. The colorists are fine too (though I only have personal favorites because I have a weird taste when it comes to coloring) and to me, I guess Ian Flynn is doing a thumbs up job in writing.

Just wanted to say this early, I'm not really a huge fan of the comics, majorly because I don't like it's interpretation of Sonic's universe. As good as the writing is, it just doesn't feel right to me.

This is probably because when I started, I thought the comics were continuing the story of the games (as the comic fanbrats claimed) but no, it's just a spin off, if anything, I guess. 

As a quick note, I am not talking about Archie Sonic fans here in wattpad, mainly because there are barely any and because people tend to diss the comics out before actually reading it.

As much as those comic fanbrats who think Sally Acorn is a god say and think that the comic universe lays in the same line as the game one, they are either dumb or oblivious. Continuity is a hard issue to talk about, and honestly as much as I want to tackle that deeply, it doesn't matter to the readers here in wattpad so I'll save myself the extra hours-worth of typing.

I do like the comics, I really do. They try to give Sonic characters a better story and more personality and do so much as make Sonic cry dramatically on-screen (though SEGA scrapped all the story they made for Sonic know because they realized the problems the new characters and story has made, especially after that whole law suit)

The settings, well is pretty good. If I remember it right, I think it was based on the famous SatAM cartoon, the one who turned Eggman to that ugly looking thing and that show that gave Sonic a love interest for some reason, which I really didn't like. 

I'm not really sure how the comics started, but I think they just started as one shots based on the cartoon, probably based on the first few volumes that I've got a glimpse of, until turning into a large comic series based on both existing games and that old TV show. I never watched SatAM and I guess I wont, because just by reading the comics, I already dislike most characters, well not entirely, me and the comics have a love-hate relationship.

Back to the comics, well pretty much the comics are like the show and the games, just gonna foil Eggman one way or another, but unlike the games, the story is more complex and they fight things other than Eggman. Seems legit. I ain't expecting them to just fight Eggman forever, honestly. But There's just a nagging feeling in the pit of stomach that says that this idea is wrong for some reason, that is tying in unnecessary plot points for the sake of explaining things that do not require it such as lore building, character building and overall grand story.