Sonic Forces Story Trailer - Notes & Opinions -

A lot of dopes are talking about this and endless praises and piling up on my twitter feeds, which I hate btw. I don't know, since almost no one (except McMistle) are just gawking at this with nothing but aimless praises, I'm here to say otherwise.

Sadly I'm one of the bums who got to see the final trailer (assuming ; please let it be the last) for Sonic Forces I don't think I deserve to talk about it but hey this book needed a new chapter anyway, so might as well.

This chapter does not define my overall opinion for the game, I still think it'd be great but somehow still get kicked in the groin by critiques and this new trailers keep slapping me in the same with why I believe it'd be. I'd still follow the development and stuff but I'm not sold, sorry. I can't complain because I wont get this, but at the same time it's like saying you can't critique a meal without knowing how to cook.

- It's no surprise that Knuckles is the leader of the resistance, I mean for most fans atleast. Anyone following the development saw Nakamura's tweet and the Knuckles dialogue in the website. It shows his capabilities as a leader and I'm honestly too proud.

- So the infinite theory now goes as either: Infinite is created by Eggman, though the Phantom Ruby or Infinite is being used as a power source while the same time being replicated. Never mind all that dimension-related theories, in the end it's just Eggman making his own Sonic OC like most of the players of the game.

- "Put all my years of hatred"? Eggman finally decided to stop screwing around, which is something I should either nitpick on with either the writers or his character

- No matter how charming JP!Sonic is in this trailer, we're still having Roger Craig voice his lines. Ryan Drummond come back! Not that it'd be that bad though, some lines in Sonic Boom gives me the same vibes as the way the lines were said in this trailer

- My heart broke when Tails screamed his name. Sorry Tails you aint getting your spotlight anymore. Now cry along with the rest of these terribly rendered Sonic OCs

- "Fist Bump" is seriously that one anime op you kinda hate but you ended up getting used to it after watching it for a whole half-anime arc

- What line of defense? The brown poops in the background?

- The more of the trailer I watch, the more it hits me that English voice actors will say these lines.

- I think this nitpick is only because we have no story yet, but the way that the cutscene with Sonic saving CC is kinda rushed? I don't know, its probably just by how it was edited but the CC is in a distressful position there and Sonic saves him, but the cutscene earlier was build up in a way that Sonic probably just appears for the first time, I think? So the partner line made no sense. I mean I did remember seeing an SoE spoiler that CC finds him first so this might just be me being too attentive,

- Resistance HQ looks boring, too compact and barely an HQ at all. I'm sorry but throwing computers along a small room doesnt make up a secret base. Then again there are probably more rooms so I should shut up now.

- Can we just keep Buddy/Gadget? I mean he's probably the default character but I can't imagine some ugly dog OC taking his place in the cutscenes. Betting my money now that certain CC combinations triggers funny cutscene glitches.

- Classic!Sonic is making the face of someone who wants to go back to Sonic Mania. Me too man, me too.

- As if conquering the world is not enough, now destroy it? idk, seems like forced writing to me, I mean thats just my opinion.I don't remember but most games just wants him to take over the world, but right in his big moment he decides to destroy it instead? Considering that the games are all canon to each other, it feels rather forced? I hope they explain this in the actual game.

- Silver, going by both games and Archie, you've been reborned into too many despair-enducing futures to have the right to talk about hope. Please sit down.

- Oh hey look Mario has nipples now?

- Can we talk about that cutscene with Knuckles leading the rebellion? How bland and uninspired it was? How lazy it looked? How emotionless the models are? How many shitty OCs are in the background??? They are pretty much a bunch of memes now

- Welp, Rouge and Omega are confirmed for SF. Is it time for me to start the 'Blaze in Sonic Forces AU' yet, or still too soon?

- Oh yeah, Cream and Big too. Yeah where are they they better not be dead.

- Either Metal Sonic isn't real or he is being given the same abilities as Infinite by either Infinite or Eggman. Any thoughts McMistle (Have I told you guys to follow him? FOLLOW HIM)

- Go to McMistle guys, he'd talk about all of this with a more level head than I could. I'm just a salty brat who doesn't like freaking Fist Bump.

- All these 'Partner' things is basically begging wattpad roleplayers to make insert yourself books and fanfictions where their OCs are in the role of CC (even though thats the point of the game, stop running over the concept). Your thought wattpad?

- No seriously, if anyone could send me a bunch of books like that, I'd make a list for it and every new book in the list I'd follow the owner and comment "Congratulations for not buying the game" 

- SERIOUSLY, can't wait for the OC X Sonic scenarios with Sonic somehow falling inlove with his'partner' *insert puking here*. Sorry, I can't stop hating OCs. You can have fun with this concept, whatever.

I'm kinda confirming that this book will only have 2 covers based on Sonic Forces, which is a bummer. I got ideas for 2 more, but idk half of me finds no point on sharing it because not everyone pays attention to what cover the book has, but half of me might do it anyway because I don't work on those for hours only for it to be ignored. I sound like an ass, sorry.

I hope no one thinks I hate the game though. I mean I sorta do, but I can like it and hate it at the same time. I was thrilled when I got the news of the trailer (Thanks McMistle) and it was only through seeing clips and theories that I even watched in the first place. I had chills the whole time and maybe sure, I guess I opened up to Fist Bump's vocals just a little bit (MANIABYSKYROCKET4EVERTHOUGH)

I'm planning on making revisions on most chapters so don't get confused if things look too new.