Sally Acorn vs. The Sonic Wattpad Fandom

Very long title, indeed. While yes, I do hate Sally Acorn with burning passion and an actual reasons, which I refuse to state for originality purposes, but whenever I see people dissing her off for some incorrect reason, I forget about that hate completely.

And whole the idea of this rant is pointless,because I comment these in books in a weekly basis, it would be fun to have some of them here, for viewers to see. 

Just a reminder, You are still free to dislike her all you want, because even I do, but do realize that there are contradictions to the most common arguments about why people dislike her. You're still free to do so, but don't try to overdefend your hate with the wrong facts.

Sally Acorn is a slut? This one is common mostly for her physique and the most knowledgeable google information about her relationship with Sonic. And while guys do fall for her easily in the comments and she has kissed a number of guys, it doesnt justify her as being a slut. She's is a natural leader whose goal is to save her kingdom. She isnt always interested in romance when she has kingdom on her shoulders.

Sally Acorn keep showing off her body? It's her design, ever since SatAM. Can't blame a girl for having curves. Pre-Reboot comics both did some good and bad on this, depending on what you look at and in time period, but basing this on fanart is very bad, because there are many people who sexualizes her. I can admit I hated her for the same reason too, until I finally realized that she isnt to blame about how people wants to draw her. She's an animal, its fine. There's lot of OCs who wears nothing as well, but no one complained because it was an OC, but Sally never gets the exception. Thinking so pervertedly in a series involving anthropomorphic animals can easily be misinterpreted in many ways. Thi sis pretty much why she has clothes in post-reboot (and mandates haha), to reduce to number of fans who complain her for such a petty reason. Lots of people prefers her with only books and a jacket though, because she was created that way and is therefor her original design. it's not much food for thought, but it does make me appreciate her design atleast.

Sally SLAPPED Sonic therefor she is a b!tch? While I don't remember much from that arc, I do know that it was a reasonable slap. Sonic was only thinking about himself and to go against the Eggman empire right after being resurrected or something. Everyone was worried about his safety and his life, and while the situation was serious, none of them wanted to lose Sonic again, especially Sally who has lost countless of people who were close to her, and Sonic who at the time was dating her. Sally wanted to have him rule with her to guarantee that she could watch him, but Sonic disagreed, knowing full well about the threat that Eggman can be. She slapped him because he wasnt thinking about his team, who is constantly fearing that Eggman might win and take his life. IT WAS REASONABLE.

It wasn't an act of selfishness or ignorance, or Sally being mean. She did that with heart, and in that arc they were both right and wrong. Regardless of it being OOC for both of them, I appreciated that it showed a side of the story where there was consequences in Sonic's constant battles.

Sally and Sonic are opposites who doesnt like each other and they are both fighting to be the leader? No.

I mean the point of their dynamic is that they contrast to each other's personality, having traits that makes them both fight and help them learn as people. Its good, its just not executed that well. It confuses me that everyone here is sooooo sure that Sonic wants the role as the leader of the FF. He leads in his own way. He acts in his own way. He dislikes the idea of being bossed around, so why would he do that to others? Sonic is comfortable with Sally doing it because Sally has a full grasped about what she's doing. She is a good leader who thinks about her team and people as she acts. This wasnt too good in the pre-reboot but it improves.

Sally is a rude b!tch? Not really. She is a very capable character, who has weaknesses and strenghts. I cannot disagree that her writing is flexible most of the time, and varies during time periods and years, but its just based on your own knowledge. She is pretty nice and humorous, and she has a strong sense of justice and is a quick thinker too. In her romantic side, it varies. Most of the time though she can be jumbled up by her feelings, and she's pretty sentimental when it comes to the people she cares about. That's pretty relatable I guess? She's not perfect and has tons of flaws, prominent in her bad writing but thats a topic for another day. There are a TON of character flaws but I'm giving compliments instead to give you the sense that it improved over the past years. There's a lot of them, but that's a topic for another day.

(WILL BE REWRITTEN SOON)

Right now these are the ones I can remember that is individual to Sally. I tried to avoid ship related ones as much as I can, but I'll have to add those in the rewrite. 

For now, enjoy these short ones while I research for more generic arguments. Suggestions are appreciated.

MY MOTIVATIONAL IMAGE OF THE DAY:

Art by Sakura123Cha on DA