Liking a character for being OOC

Liking a specific character for not being in character, aka being OOC, personally to me is so stupid.

I hope you guys dont mind tonight's rant though. Its something personal and I'm pretty sure lots of people might disagree with this one.

Let me tell you guys a really short story first. I logged in here for today, right after our practice for something I dont need to mention. I came in and saw that someone I followed made a new page for a book they are writing. I went back and reread some of the past pages so I knew what was going on. I read some ofthe comments and saw something in the lines of this:

" Aww man, I used to hate (insert SEGA Sonic character name here) but I now I love him! We are so alike XDD 

Not the exact comment, but damn it literally pissed me off. Wanna know why? That (insert character here) is supposed to be Mephilis The Dark. and it pissed me off, because what Mephilis is doing in is forcing all the other characters to ship SONADOW or he will "fucking" kill them.

In summary, I got pissed at the comment because:

1) It was Mephilis The Dark, acting like a fucking fanbrat from off the streets

2) Mephilis is forcing everyone to ship Sonadow.

Let me just make this clear real quick. I dont hate number 2 because he in enforcing Sonadow. I hate number 2 because he is MADE into someone who enforces a ship. Like wth guys, since when is Mephilis a fanbrat who likes A THING IN GENERAL?! I respect his character and role too much to not mention this.

3) Mephilis is not acting like himself at all.

4) He isn't acting like himself, to the point that the person thinks that they are alike when it comes to thinking

Jeez I feel so pissed right now. Now for the slightly longer explanation of this rant.

We all have different perspectives. I know that No human thinks alike and we all see things differently and I get that, but I dont wanna hear this as an excuse right now. 

I will not accept you, liking a character, for having a personality he/she doesnt even have in the first place. I know, that in some other series/fandom, that what the fans see the character as, is what made it great, sure whatever. But I honestly think it should be the case for the SEGA! Sonic characters. They all have different, great and relatable personalities that I really love so much. I dont want anything to change whatsoever. 

Changing a characters personality is one thing, but liking it for only that said new personality is another as well. Its like saying, You would never like Mephilis The Dark and his character, unless hes either rapist or a shipping obsessed weirdo. Its honestly disrespectful, when you remember and consider their REAL and ORIGINAL personalities.

Like I already said, it's like saying that the only way you would like that character is if he didnt act like himself at all. Like, unless he is everything he isnt, and if other people think its cool, you'd like it and go with it without complaining. I dont want that. 

People should know the line to when it comes to changing or altering a character's personality.

I want people to see and love the original characters based on who they really are. Lots of people already do this, so thats great. Some kinda does it, or atleast likes a character when its just altered a little bit, and all I can say to that is atleats maybe that character isnt changed that much so I guess thats fine.

I dont want anyone to think that everyone should see characters the way I do. I dont want to force anyone to see the characters they like as something else because of my opinion. All I want is that people should know where the line is. I want people to like a character for what they are, and not what their fandoms turn them into.

ALSO:

If you like Silver, but if he is acting like nothing but a gay little cinnamoroll, then we have some problems. I wont get mad at you for liking him as something like that, but to me, It just gets annoying at some times, considering how much I really really respect his character and gameplay style.

If you like Sonic and Shadow as two flirty bastards who thinks that each other is the greatest thing ever existed, then do what you want. But try to remember who they really are while you're at it.

If you like Tails as someone who is nothing but part of they boyfriend squad, then do what you want too. Just remember that he is both 8 (official post reboot archie age) and 10 (SEGA games) and also is a super genius who can invent a better girlfriend than you (that last part is joke though sorry)

(do what you want but remember that I'll always still find it annoying and weird)

(the ones above were part of the ones that pissed me off today sorry for mentioning)

(this chapter is literally because I felt pissed about one comment I saw today lol)

My personal motivational Image of the day:

me: It's funny because it pretty much means that everyone makes every character OOC

me: It's funny because it pretty much means that everyone makes every character OOC. haha

meme by memegenerator.com