SoNiC mAnIa PlUs?

"oh notmh is only updating because theres something new in the sonic franchise!!!!"

You are not wrong. The fact that I made this after the matter proves that.

For anyone whose been here for a while or who has seen my many temper tantrums about the lack of a physical release for Sonic Mania, well there I got what I wanted, now don't go pretending you wanted it too because I know most of us, even me, didn't even play the Steam Release and just watched The Game Grumps play it (yes, I'm calling you out).

It's kinda nostalgic to watch the SXSW stream because it was in the stream that the name, first gameplay and theme music was released for Forces, and now we got meme references I guess.

I had no plans of making this long, just wanted to show off that I'm not dead irl, just here. I though Sonic Mania Plus was a good topic because my feelings are mixed. Like I knew that if ever they would add more playable characters for DLC or for a new installment, Might and Ray would be the next.

Like I batted my eye, it was that predictable its not even funny. If you didn't think so then you need more internet presence.

Many fans were like "The game was so fun I'm totally willing to play that again with the new 2 characters and new mode" and I agree and disagree at the same time. To start with the Positives, I'm just assuming that Encore Mode is the hard mode m'kay? That means the level design could be different and it might be fun and challenging! 

Mighty and Ray, are probably not gonna be discount Sonic and Tails (Get it? Ray can fly and I don't really care what Mighty does, based on the comics he's a heavy hitter too like Knuckles because they fought together that one time and they made the Knock Knock it's Knuck--- I'm getting off track here but I used Sonic anyways) because each character presents a new way to play the game and I hope SEGA doesn't freaking forget this and not make the two a re-skin of existing gameplay styles.

Kind of starting off the negatives here, the fact that this was so predictable bothers me. It's just that fans are begging at SEGA's feet to make them playable again, and the fact that they delivered shows that they listen, but also shows that in my opinion, it's a very easy way to squeeze a few bucks out of people. I'm pretty sure not a lot would buy this again just for an artbook and 3 new modes unless you're a hardcore sonic fan.

And lets be honest, there aren't many hardcore sonic fans.

 Most self-proclaimed fans don't even play the games and the people who did buy Sonic Mania are, based on twitter and tumblr, nostalgic parents and teens who wants the blast from the past--- aka casual players.

Besides for the whole stream I was screaming to my sister, "THERE'S A MOD FOR THIS" because I actually followed the creation of the sprites for a mod to add Amy, Mighty and Espio (I think??? i don't remember???) back when the game first came out.

And while Amy Rose is not really major in the Classic Sonic games, this could be her chance to finally be a playable main character, but nah, nostalgia first before your main characters I suppose. 

I'll fight anyone that says she doesn't need to be playable, because goddammit its wasted potential. You could give love to all your main characters and re-hash the two old ones all at once but I guess the Mighty and Ray fans are too vocal I guess.

I don't want to talk about Sonic Forces Speed Battle because I'm sure most of you already deleted your app like I did, probably, or Sonic Mania Adventures because they haven't hired Hesse full time yet and if they did I'd see it in his twitter even though he is the new standard for Sonic in all styles.

I just wanted to reply to a few comments here and check out if there are any new Sonic Opinion books out there that I could check out. If there are feel free to tell be because I don't know how to look for them. Thnx.