SonAmy & How it affects Amy

Art by xluminii on deviantart

 Art by xluminii on deviantart   Art by xluminii on deviantart   

( SonAmy : How it affects Amy Rose and how it affects per portrayal )

I always wanted to rewrite my Amy character page, and maybe start writing the Sonamy ship page but you know what, this is more needed. Right now instead of making a whole page about Sonamy, I want to focus on one thing that has been pissing me off lately.

How Sonamy affects Amy's character and people's perception of her.

This page is sponsored by every dumb and irrationally thinking users today that I've all read who criticizes Sonamy because of Amy's actions towards Sonic. My point will be explained more later.

Note: Like I already said before, I'm not a pussy so yes I am open for opposing arguments. Sonamy is such an open-interpreted ship so I do like if someone would correct me if I get anything wrong.

One things's for sure, Amy's creation revolved around Sonic. She was made to be Sonic's admirer or love interest. And in her introduction in Sonic CD, she did her part being the first actual thing to save in the games that wasnt animals. 

But does her character revolve around him? Not necessarily. Let me explain. In her reintroduction in the more modern games, Sonic Adventure and beyond, part of her story does involve Sonic in some way. Wanting to be part of his adventures of asking his help to save a bird. It involves him, but doesnt completely revolve around him. Unlike what those idiots (who thinks they actually ranted about sonamy correctly), Amy does get intentionally involve in Sonic's adventures. She's part of it, and no she didnt just shove herself in there just to be near him.

As for her actions around him, yes she can be too clingy. She chases him and asks him to date her and everything. One thing i would like to clarify before I talk more about it is that Sonamy is mainly for comedic effect. I'm not saying that this logic contradicts anything that critics would say about it, but this does make it harder to take any antics that Amy does seriously. Again, this way of thinking doesnt necessarily prove it to be less annoying as it is, but its still something.

Well, basing this rant on the rant that pissed me off, Imma nitpick for a quick sec the things that person said that I disagree with.

Yes, again like I already said Amy chases Sonic. Amy tends to want to hug him in order to keep showing her affections to him, and when he refuses to be touched, she chases him. thats pretty much the simple cause and effect of it. Those chases you see in the games is as simple as that. Not the same reason everytime but yeah thats it. 

What bothers me is that this simple action gives people the idea that she has nothing to do in her life but chase Sonic. like wtf?! If she did then she wouldnt be helping Sonic, Tails and Knuckles save a bunch of animals in the lost he if she was as ignorant as that. Amy does have a life outside Sonic.

Amy has the tendency to tell people that Sonic has affections for her by saying that he is her boyfriend and such. Again, I mentioned this because people use this specifically as an argument to why shes a bad character or shes to obsessed with him. But personally I never really saw it as a big deal. She isnt hurting anyone by doing this anyway. 

Now I would also bring up the fact that she hammer him when  he refuses her proposal of having a date together (This is part of SEGA's amazing sense of humor). Well yeah he does get hurt but not severely. Her hammer attack is something her can take in easily. But while I did mention that fact, I guess it doesnt instantly make what she's doing okay. Of course its not, but to be fair she hammer everyone and everything in her path when she's angry.

I bring this up, because people use this when they say that Amy makes this ship bad, and thats because of this habit of hers. It honestly doesnt ruin SonAmy, it only just affects her character because Sonic isnt the only character she has hammered before (Sonic X if I remember right). Again, it doesnt make what she's doing okay, but when you realize that she does this to everyone and not a singular person, it disappears from the personal reasons that Amy makes the ship look bad.

Is Amy in Sonic's way? No not at all. She wants to help him and she does her best. Although she doesnt directly help him like Tails, she and other characters help him from the sidelines. Amy isnt always where Sonic is. And when she is, its because she is involved and NOT because she just wants to be close to him.

Another thing that disturbs me is that everyone here thinks that Amy hasnt tried being passive to him yet. She has with simple asks. But Sonic is part of the problem too.

(Ill talk about Sonic completely in the SONAMY Ship page but not now)

Its like in Sonic Adventure. Amy just wanted to ask him to take care of the bird because a robot is after it but he didnt bother to listen and ran off because its Amy. Not really the most best example I can give right now, so maybe I'd change this later. More recently Sonic has been more open to having Amy around because she has been great help to him in previous adventures. 

But what shocks me is that people barely realize it. They just see Amy as a bother to him and that she isnt doing anything for him and shes forcing her affections to him. SHe does, but not in the way people see it. I mena of course we all have different views and opinions, but you dont need to be so exaggerated and mean to her because shes does doing it for love. IN fact, she isnt doing t for love anymore! She just wants to be of help now, even!

Thats all pretty much. Sorry if my most recent complaints have been short, al I did for this one is indirectly give an opposing opinion to this Ship rant book entry I read about sonamy before. 

Let me get something straight, there is a problem in Amy's way of treating Sonic, but she already fixed that in recent games. All arguments Ive seen can be based form the old games/Sonic X/Archie Comics (eww) anyway so these are all based on my personal experience with the games.

Again, feel free to agree or disagree in the comments! 

My personal motivational image of the day:

(This applies to both now and my previous rant)

By memegenerator.com//found on pinterest