Chapter 28

The next morning I was awoken by the alarm on my phone going off. I quickly turned it off, and sat up in my bed. I ran a hand through my messy hair and looked over my shoulder to see Chloe, still sound asleep.

I let out a deep sigh as I remembered our conversation from last night.

Chloe basically told me she felt like we were drifting apart, and that I was abandoning her. While I told her this wasn't the case, here I am the next morning leaving her alone.

This entire situation with the secrets is taking a lot of sacrifices.

I grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom to get ready. When I was done I exited my room as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake Chloe up. I closed the door slowly and watched Chloe's sleeping frame slowly disappear behind the door. When I turned around, I bumped into Matt.

"Hey, you ready?" I whispered to him, as I watched him rub his eyes like a little kid.

I chuckled at him and dragged him with me downstairs. When we entered the kitchen, we quickly grabbed an apple and a water bottle for on the road. We grabbed our bags and quietly exited the house.

When we got outside, it was dead silent. The only sounds heard were the wind blowing through the trees and birds singing.

"Good morning."  We heard Camila say as she approached the two of us.

I greeted Camila with a quick hug, as Zac pulled up in the drive way. Matt got into the passenger seat and started putting in Normani's adress into the navigation system.

"You ready to go?" I asked Camila, opening the door for her.

She smiled brightly at me and got in. I closed the door and got into the car myself. A fifteen minute drive later and we had arrived at Normani's house.

"Mani texted me to just walk straight to the gate of her backyard and that it's open." I told Camila, Zac and Matt, as we got out of the car.

When we were about to walk towards the gate, Lauren's car pulled up next to Zac's. The three of us waited for her to exit the car, and when she did we all walked through the gate.

"Good morning!" Camila spoke excited, gaining a groan from out of the corner of the room.

All of us simultaneously turned our heads towards the direction it was coming from, and spotted Dinah with a blanket on her head laying on one of the sofas. We all chuckled, as Matt walked towards the sofa opposite to the one Dinah was laying on, and lay down himself.

It wasn't even that early. Well, it was pretty early for a Saturday though.

"Okay, well good morning Mani." I chuckled, as she stood up from her chair and gave me a quick hug.

"Morning everyone." Normani spoke with a smile, giving everyone else a quick hug as well.

"Zac and Lauren, can you guys put the table in the middle of the room so we can all put the documents on there and sit together?" Normani asked, pointing towards a large table in the corner of the room.

The two nodded and went off to do their assigned tasks. Normani was about to say something else, but her phone vibrated in her pocket so she took it out to check it.

"It's Ally, she's in the driveway. She needs some help carrying some stuff though." She spoke, looking at Camila and I suggestively.

"I'll go give her a hand, no worries." I told them, the two of them nodding in return.

As I walked outside towards Ally, I heard her close her car door. When I approached her, I saw her struggling to balance some coffee cups in her hands. I rushed over to her and took some before they could fall.

"Wow there, I got them." I said, causing Ally to let out a sigh in relief.

"Thanks, (Y/N/N)." Ally blushed, smiling up at me.

"No problem, thank you for getting these by the way. You're my hero." I said with a wink, stepping aside so she could walk through the gate first.

The petite Latina giggled, a blush still on her face. I smiled at her once again, and the two of us made our way towards the others in the shed.

"So, last night was fun.." She spoke shyly, a blush still evident on her face.

"Yeah, it really was." I spoke, sending a bright smile her way.

"Even though it didn't go quite as planned, it ended up being really great." She added, as if hinting to something.

"Yeah, totally. Some unexpected turn of events. We start with doing research, then end up playing spin the bottle. From researching with friends, to kissing them." I chuckled, stopping in front of the door of the shed to open it.

"Not that I minded though.." Ally clarified, just as I opened the door.

When we walked in, Ally and I put all the drinks and the bag she was holding onto the table.

"Attention everyone, this amazing human being has taken the time for all of us to get us some much needed coffee and pastries. So round of applause please." I spoke, grabbing Ally by her shoulders.

While Ally giggled, everyone else applauded. Once again she smiled up at me, and I winked at her causing her to blush once more. Everyone grabbed a coffee and something to eat and all of us sat down at the table.

Everyone started chatting as while we drank our coffees and ate our pastries. Even Matt and Dinah who were previously both basically knocked out on the sofas, were coming alive bit
by bit.

We talked about last night's events, and Dinah even did a great impression of Ariana. I mean, it's kind of sad how I left her hanging, but we really had to go. All the while, I could feel several eyes on me. But every time I would look around, no one was looking at me.

We all finished our drinks and pastries and cleaned up the table. We emptied the bags with the files onto the table and put books and laptops with them for more research if needed. We all looked at the overly stacked table and knew we were going to be here for a while.

"Alright, let's start digging guys."