Chapter 20

"Hi, Doctor Hughes nice to meet you. So what seems to be the problem Miss.....(Y/L/N)?" The doctor spoke, looking at her clipboard to look for my name.

"Well I went to the nurses office at school cause I wasn't feeling very well. She ran some standard tests on me, but the equipment wasn't working so she wrote me a note to come see you." I told the doctor, while she typed everything I was saying into the computer in front of her. I looked at Lauren, who was sitting next to me as she gave me a thumbs up. When I looked back at the doctor, to see she was still typing.

"What is it you've been feeling?" The doctor asked, looking away from her computer back at me.

"Feverish, nervous, and I think because I'm feeling nervous it cause me to get headaches and feel very sleepy." I told the doctor honestly, whom put everything I said into the computer again. After putting everything in she faced me.

"And how are you feeling at the moment?" She asked me. I looked at down at Lauren's hand resting on mine under the table, and looked up to meet Lauren's gaze after. She smiled at me, causing me to smile as well. I looked at the doctor and let out a small breath of relief.

"Right now pretty good, doctor." I spoke calmly. The doctor studied me and then stood up.

"Let's have a little look shall we?" She suggested and gestured towards a door. I nodded and stood up as well, feeling slightly nervous for the tests. Lauren seemed to notice and stood up, grabbing both my hands and looked me deep in the eyes.

"You'll be fine. If you need me, I'm right here okay." She spoke with a soft smile on her face. I nodded and kissed her cheek as a thank you before following the doctor to the door. The doctor opened the door and I was met with a small room with a bed in it. Before the door closed I saw a smiling yet beet red Lauren waving my way.

"Alright, sit down please." The doctor instructed me, making me do what she said.

"Since the basic tests didn't work, I'm going to be taking some blood from you as well." Doctor Hughes explained while rolling up her sleeves and grabbing a needle and a small bag. I nodded and rolled my sleeve up with trouble.

"You need help?" She asked me, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion at how slow I was being.

"No,thank you." I quickly spoke, I didn't want her seeing or accidentally touching the mark and sending me into another state of panic again. So I rolled up the sleeve from my left arm, the one that didn't have the mark on it.

When she was done she grabbed a rubber band and put it around my arm, ready to take some blood. She adjusted the needle on to the small bag and without starting looking for a vein in my arm. I guested that the bag was where the blood went into.

Without a warning she jammed the needle into my arm, making me wince a little bit. I looked away from my arm while I could feel the doctor studying me. "Alright, that was it. Just stay still so I can take care of that little wound." She said while putting some sort of tap onto the bag to close it. She stood up and placed it onto a table behind her, and walked towards a different cabinet to pull out some stuff for my wound.

As I waited for her to do so, I looked to the bag of blood. Everything seemed normal, but slowly my red blood turned black. I didn't get to look long at it though, cause soon the bag exploded filling the entire room with my blood.

"Oh my god!" Doctor Hughes jumped up and looked at the blood.

"I uh I don't know what happened!" I spoke nervously and panicked.

"That's okay uhm just...come back tomorrow and we'll continue the uhm..tests." She spoke nervously and scared but trying to keep her cool. I just nodded and made my way to the office where Lauren still was, closing the door. She looked up at me to see me looking at her with panicky eyes. Then her eyes lowered to my blood stained clothes.

"What happened to you? Are you okay?" She asked me, standing up to face me. Before I could say anything my attention shifted to the window behind her, where I saw a small group of rats forming again. My eyes widened and before she could turn around to look I pulled her away with me. "We need to leave. Now." I spoke while basically jogging out of the office.

When we reached the car I sat in the passenger seat in silence and I could feel Lauren staring at me. I tapped my leg nervously and bit my fingernails while looking out the window. A hand on my knee, made me face Lauren. "(Y/N), please calm down. Breath okay. Let's do the same as we did earlier; copy my breathing." She spoke calmly. As I copied her breathing I looked into her eyes, which calmed me. Soon my breathing was back to normal and she took my hand.

"If you ever get these panic attacks again, I'm here okay." She told me with a smile. I smiled back at her and she turned her to look forward and started the engine. When we reached school grounds again, we got out of the car and walked inside.

"I'll see you around I guess." She spoke, knowing we had different classes and had to split up. I nodded and smiled at her, before bringing her in for a hug. When we separated I kissed her cheek one more time.

"What was that for?" She asked me, a blush making its way upon her face.

I shrugged and smiled at her. "It's a small thank you. Until I figure out a better way to thank you." I spoke as the bell rung above us.

"A thank you for what?" She asked me, as students filled the hallways getting to their next class.

"For everything you've done, and what's yet to come." I spoke before I even knew it. She smiled at me one last time before I walked away to my class.

A/N

Sooo weird things keep happening, yet you're growing closer to Lauren. What will the future hold? Let me know what you think and what you maybe want happening in the future chapters. Thanks for reading the story!
XxAlyssa