Chapter 11

TRRRRRRRR

I shut my locker as the bell rang, making my way to Advanced English. Soon I arrived at the class room and walked in greeting my teacher, Miss Monroe, and sat down. I swung my backpack from over my shoulder onto my table and started grabbing my stuff. "Hey, (Y/N)." I heard someone say. I looked up and smiled at Normani as she took a seat beside me. I continued putting all my stuff on my table till my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I sighed and grabbed it out of my pocket, immediately turning it off without checking my messages.

"You're not even gonna look who it was?" Normani asked me, watching my every move. "Oh I know who it is.. It's Chloe. Within this hour she'll hear if she made it to the team or not. She has been texting me non stop." I told Normani. She chuckled and shook her head understandingly. "I mean: I love her, but she's annoying me." I told Normani rolling my eyes as a dramatic effect, earning some giggles from the girl. "I'm sure you do, and I understand where you're coming from. But she'll be fine, she's already better than half of our team combined to be honest." Normani told me giving me a small smile.

"Oh well, I'm just gonna enjoy being able to mute her while I still can. By the time she hears she made the team, I'll wish I could mute her screaming in my ear like an airhorn." I told Normani, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning back in my chair. The dark skinned beauty laughed, showing off her pearly white teeth once more. "I can see why Ariana likes you; you're funny (Y/N/N)." She told me, mocking the way Ariana said my name earlier. I pretend I had shivers run down my spine and leaned forward in my seat.

"Did Ariana say anything about me or something I should be worried about? You know, when I left.. Aka ran for my life." I told the girl next to me who once again laughed at my comment. "She said you're hers and that no one is aloud to persuade you in anyway cause...you're hers." Normani told me with a smile, I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was enjoying the entire situation I was in with my not-so-secret-admirer. I groaned and threw my head back closing my eyes. "Is she ever gonna leave me alone?" I asked no one in particular. "Not until we go out on a date (Y/N/N).." I heard the voice I feared the most say, causing my eyes to open and my head to shoot towards the direction her voice came from. Ariana was standing right in front of my table, just smiling. I groaned again, making Normani giggle.

Ariana took the seat in front of me and turned around. She leaned her head on the table while looking up at me, as I shifted uncomfortably under her gaze. "What is it you want, Ariana?" I asked the brunette, tired of her staring at me. "You." She answered, giggling afterwards. "I. Want. You." She repeated, tapping her index finger on my nose with every word. I grabbed her hand and guided it away from my face, making her pout. "I can't help you with getting that, I'm afraid. " I told her as her eyes looked into mine. "But you can.. (Y/N/N) please go out with me?" She asked while playing with collar of my shirt, making me remove her hands away from me once again. "I'm sorry Ariana. There are a lot of people in this school and outside of it who'd love to though. They want you, so what's the problem?" I asked her, kind of curious as to why she would go for me. She groaned and pouted. "Becaaaaause.. That's the problem (Y/N/N). They all want me. But you don't. And I always get what I want, but now I want you and you don't feel the same. " The brunette pouted once again. "Wait, you want me cause I don't want you?" I asked her, confused. "That makes no sense whatsoever. But what you're saying is: if I did want you, you wouldn't want me anymore?" I asked the brunette. "Oh I would still want you (Y/N/N). But this entire 'hard-to-get' game you're playing, is kinda firing it up. It's so hot." Ariana said, smirking at me. I awkwardly cleared my throat and nervously started tapping my pen onto my table. I could still feel Ariana staring at me, making me more uncomfortable by the second. I heard her giggle and she turned towards Normani to talk with her.

I grabbed my Advanced English book and looked at the cover of it, the school's logo plastered on the front of it. Reading the town's name again, made me think about the story Camila told me, which reminded me of The Amarville Creek. After that one night I didn't even dare to look at the house across from mine, too afraid someone or something might be looking back at me. I decided that I should be doing a little research on the house.

If I find something important, maybe I'll show it to my parents and then we can move or whatever. The people I've met in this town so far, aren't much of a problem. But the house just gives me the chills.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Ariana whispering to me. "If you keep biting that lip of yours like that, I'd still give these people a kissing scene like we promised in drama class." She spoke, looking at my lips as I bit down on my lower lip deep in thought. I immediately stopped after her comment and didn't even dare to look up at her. I didn't even have to look up to know she was already staring back at me.

"Okay everyone, can I have your attention please? Okay thank you. So for today.." Miss Monroe's voice faded out as I grabbed my phone back out of my pocket looking for Matt's contact name.

(Y/N):

Yo Matt. Wanna go ghost hunting tonight?

Matt:

Hell yeah!