Chapter 8

Time skip to Friday night

"So, have you made any friends yet?" My mother asked me. We were currently watching tv, along with Maggie. "I've met some people yeah." I said, not letting go too much. "Maybe you should ask them to hang out or something? It's Friday night, sweetie. And as much as I love spending time with you; you gotta socialise." My mother told me as I groaned. "Matt is at Zac's and Chloe has that Ariana girl over. Why don't you go out with Chloe and Ariana?" My mother suggested making my eyes widen. "No thank you mother." I immediately told my mother shaking my head. "Why not? Ariana seems to like you?" she asked me confused as I scoffed. "Yeah a little too much." I told her looking at the ground. "What's wrong about that? She seems nice. Give her a chance (Y/N/N)." My mother advised me.

DINGDONG

"Who could that be?" My mother said as she stood up before I could. I heard her walk to the front door in the hallway and open it. "Good evening, young lady. What can I do for you?" My mother asked the person in front of her. "Good evening Mrs. (Y/L/N), my name is Lauren Jauregui. I'm in (Y/N)'s music class, we have an assignment together. Is it okay if I see her?" Lauren asked my mother.I stood up picking up Maggie and walked towards the door as well. "Of course, come in dear. " my mother said stepping aside so Lauren could enter our home. When my mother had closed the door, they both notice me standing not too far from them with Maggie in my arms resting on my hip. " I'll leave you kids to it then. (Y/N) can you give me Maggie so you guys can hang out?" My mother asked me, walking towards me. "No that's okay. It's already past her bed time anyways so I'll put her to bed." I told my mother, adjusting maggie. "Okay then, goodnight baby." My mother said kissing Maggie, making her smile. She kissed my cheek as well and send a smile towards Lauren's direction before disappearing into the living room.

"And who is this cutie?" Lauren asked in a baby voice, stepping closer to Maggie and I. "You already met me Lauren." I said, joking a bit. She threw her head back laugh sarcastically. "I was obviously talking about the little cutie in your arms." She told me poking Maggie's cheek making her giggle at the green eyed teenager. "But you are pretty cute too, very cute. She looks like you by the way.." Lauren told me, looking deep into my eyes. We held a staring contest till I heard Maggie yawn. "You tired Maggs? Let's go to bed then." I said looking at my little sister. She nodded and hugged me, nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck. I kissed her head and walked towards the stairs. "This way, just follow me." I whispered towards Lauren who nodded. When we reached Maggie's room, I put her in her crib and turned off the lights. I slowly closed the door and turned to Lauren. "Let's go, it's in the attic." I told her. Soon we made our way into the music room.

"Wow this is amazing!" She said looking around her. "Thanks, we're still gonna put some studio equipment in here so we can record our own songs and stuff. " I told her, sitting down on the floor making her join me afterwards. "That's so cool! I wish I had that. You guys pay for it yourselves? Your siblings and you?" She asked me, sitting next to me indian style. "Yes, and other stuff involves birthdays and other special occasions like Christmas." I told her making her nod.

"Anyways; the song.. Did you have anything in mind yet?" She asked me, grabbed a note book and pen out of the bag I just noticed she had with her. "Not really, you?" I asked her. "Let's pick a music genre first." She answered making me nod. Soon silence filled the room. "What kind of music do you listen to?" She asked me to break the silence. "You know what, I have an idea. You got your phone with you?" I asked her as she nodded taking her phone out of her pocket. "Okay, open your music and press shuffle. We'll listen to three songs on each phone and describe what genre we think it is, what the song is about and why we like it enough to put it on our phones. Is that okay?" I asked her, getting my phone out as well. "Yeah, that's a pretty good idea." She told me, getting excited. Lauren handed me a pen and a sheet from her notebook for me to write on as well. "You first." I told her. She nodded and opened her music, putting it on shuffle mode. Soon Daydreamer by Adele was heard from her phone. After a while of showing each other music on our phones, it resulted into just listening to music and talking. We jammed a bit but for fun and got to know each other better.

We made our way downstairs to get a drink. When we walked through the hallway we passed the living room where my mother was still watching tv. "Hey mom, we're just getting a drink. You want anything?" I asked her, making her turn towards me. "No thank you sweetie." she said sending Lauren and I a smile. When Lauren and I got our drinks from the kitchen we walked back to the living room. I sat down on the second couch with Lauren sitting next to me. We watched tv with my mother and talked a bit. "Oh, it's getting late. I think I need to go." Lauren said looking at her watch, standing up afterwards. " You don't have to go, you can spend the night if you want to Lauren." my mother offered looking in between Lauren and I. Lauren looked at me and I nodded in approval. "I'll text my parents then. But what do I do about my clothes?" Lauren said looking at me. "You can borrow some off my clothes, don't worry." I told her making Lauren smile. "Okay then, it's settled then. Thank you for letting me stay Mrs. (Y/L/N)." Lauren told my mother who smiled at her in return. " No problem sweet heart." My mother said. "Well then, we'll be in my room. Goodnight mom." I said standing up and giving my mom a kiss on her cheek. "Good night Mrs. (Y/L/N)." Lauren said, my mother opening her arms for Lauren to give her a hug which she did. "Good night girls." my mother said as Lauren and I made our way upstairs.

When we entered my room I gave Lauren some shorts and a shirt to sleep in. When she disappeared into my bathroom to change, I got changed in my room as well. When she came out of the bathroom I was done as well and I sat down on my bed scrolling through my phone. "You have a lovely room, (Y/N)." Lauren said, examining my room and running her fingers over the books on one of the shelves she just passed. "Thanks. I still need to put some stuff at place like hang my pictures on the wall but that's about it. As you can see; I also need to find an alternative for all the books I have. " I informed her as she nodded. She walked up to my bed and got under the covers, sitting against the head board. I looked at her as she patted the spot next to her, signaling for me to join her. I connected my phone to the charger on my nightstand and joined Lauren on the bed.

After that we just talked, even when the lights were off. After a bit, both of us slowly fell asleep.

Scoptophobia. (Fifth Harmony/You)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें