I then figured out that later on, the person that fired the missle had went against orders. The chief of the crusade had ordered them to not fire anything, and to stop what they were doing after I had stepped out. But the man dicided to fire anyway, getting himself fired, and then arrested.

Turns out Cory and I's caretaker, who worked at the orphanage, was there and brought up this case to court, leaving satisfied when they approved her request to let monsters live I harmony with humans.

If Cory hadn't risked his life, non of this would have ever happened.

----------------------------------------------
Flash back End!

Once I had moved the extra piece of strand out of his face, I started playing with his hair. It was a habit that I made for myself, whenever I got bored in the hospital, I played with his golden locks, letting them roam freely.

His hair was so soft and warm, I buried my face in his chest, taking in his warmth. I looked down at his lime green sweater, which was now fixed by the human couple that first saw Papyrus. They said that they felt bad that it was because of them that he almost died, so they fixed his sweater that he oh so cared deeply about. I wonder why?

Maybe because... I made it?

I blushed at the thought.

Nah... I couldn't be... Could it?

I sat up as I saw Toriel walking in with some pizza.

Ever since I had decided to stay here in the hospital with Cory, the others would bring in food and new clothes for me everyday. They also kept me company.

"I got some cheese pizza for you, and snail Pizza for me!" She smiled sweetly at me, and I gave her a forced smile.

Not because I wasn't happy, which I was, it was just... I could never really smile since the day Cory went into that coma, I would always just force one.

"Thanks," I said, grabbing the cheese pizza. I yawned sleepily, earning a worried look from Toriel.

"How many days have you not slept for?" I sighed. Using my fingers to count.

"14..." I said groggily after another yawn. Suddenly I felt an urge of excitement.

"Hey can you heal me again?" I said excitedly. Toriel sighed and came over to me, starting to heal me.

"Child, I can't keep using this healing spell on you! If you just sleep you won't always be so exhausted!" I rolled my eyes at her.

"But I have to be awake when Cory wakes up! If I don't, he'll get worried and probably think, 'why am I here?' 'How long was I asleep for?' 'Where is my bestest friend in the whole entire world!?' I HAVE to be there when he wakes up!"

Toriel sighed. "I hate leaving you like this, you know that?" When I didn't answer she looked down at Cory's peaceful yet lifeless face. I could tell she knew what I was going through, since this is what happened with her and Asriel, except Asriel wasn't in a coma back then.

"Ok fine... But next time you have to sleep!" I clapped my hands together and forced another smile. "Yay!"

Toriel sighed again, looking at Cory's face once again before leaving.

I sat there for a bit, not touching the pizza Toriel gave me. I looked down at Cory's handsome face. Then I noticed something was off...

Wait... Did he just gain a bit more color?

I shook my head. Nah that couldn't be it, he has been the color of Toriel's fur for the past 7 weeks! Suddenly I felt a shiver go up my arm.

Wait, that wasn't my arm!

I looked down at Cory who was slowly gaining more and more color on his skin. Suddenly I felt something click inside me, what was this feeling? I know I've felt it before, somewhere...

Maybe I was catching a cold? No, maybe I had a sun burn? No! Not that either!

Then it hit me. It's wasn't something physical, like a cold or a sun burn, but it was something more emotional... Something I hadn't felt in a long time...

Hope...

Maybe he was gonna wake up soon! Maybe if I...

I leaned down towards Cory, stopping only a few centimeters in front of his face. With out another thought, I gently kissed him on the lips.

I don't know why I did this, but it just felt... right to me.

I stayed there for a few moments until suddenly I felt something stir from under me, it felt as if a small earth quake was going off inside me.

No, it wasn't me... It was Cory.

I quickly pulled away.

Suddenly the shaking stopped and I saw it.

I saw his eyes, his beautiful eyes snap open.