Chapter 18-Part VIII

Ketty turned to see Scott come on board with a small automaton at his side, ready to start the more aggressive treatment. "Time to get under way. I want you to start immediately."

When he had gone, Lindy handed her a message. "Your mystery man Greer wants us to meet him immediately at these coordinates."

"Where is this?"

"Some backwater world in the middle of nowhere."

"Would you be so kind as to get us there, I'm going to take a nap."

Lindy smiled. "No problem, we have free clearance so it won't be more than a couple hours."

Once underway, Kato called for Egor to finish his lessons for the day but there was no reply.

"Lindy, where is Egor and Miss-cordoy?" The look of shock on her face spoke volumes.

"I sent them in for a diagnostic. They were inseparable and Miss-cordoy was useless.

"I know that, they're in love, but where are they?"

Lindy pushed a couple buttons on the ship's control panel and fidgeted uncomfortably. "I forgot them back at the Barn."

"What?" Kato pushed her out of the chair and took control of the ship, flipping it on its current course in a deft maneuver that surprised even him.

"Kato, no. We don't have time. If we turn back now, we'll miss our rendezvous with Greer." She put her hand on his. "I promise they're in good hands. I sent them to a specialist who said she would get them back in working order." He weighed the alternatives and felt the power at his fingertips. It felt good to fly the ship again and he couldn't believe he had remained in his cabin so long. He was meant to fly.

"Ok, I hope your right. If anything happens to Egor, I will never forgive you." He maintained the velocity and brought them back on course without a thought.

"Wow Kato, you're a really good pilot."

"This was my dad's ship," but deep down, he felt the passion rising up and he knew he had a gift for flight. "What will Mon-catasto do when he doesn't get all his bots back at once?"

"He can always come to the Barn and pick them up," said Lindy, "but I have a feeling it's Boondock he wants."

Don't forget to vote!

Please feel free to comment!