Chapter 3-Part V

When they came in the door, Grendle spotted them and got in Kato's face.

"Did he hurt you, Ketty?"

"No, I'm fine, let's find Rayleen and go," said Ketty. She pulled out her hand held and activated the tracking App that would help her locate Rayleen. Grendle didn't try to be cool, he wore it like a familiar coat, confident in his abilities. He was relentless in his pursuit of his passion, a master of social media, but beyond that, he found the fawning of genetically perfected humans rather boring. It was the mind that intrigued him, and he was on a quest to explore human relationships.

"In there!" Ketty had a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. They entered the yacht at ground level and followed the signal. Here in the lower hold was a complex maze of compartments and store room. It would have been a nightmare without her cell. Finally, they made it to a door that was locked.

"She should have had her personal bot with her," Ketty muttered as she pounded on the door.

"Stand back," Grendle said, pulling a blaster from his pocket. He adjusted the settings and laid a bead of blue plasma on the lock area. A few agonizing seconds ticked by and then a large hole melted away from the door. Ketty slid it open easily and there was Scott, pants down, standing over Rayleen, who was obviously drugged.

"Hey, she made me come in here," he tried to defend himself. It had actually been Scott who pegged Ketty with the apple and let Kato take the credit, but she had no idea. Before she realized it, her open palm drove up into Scott's perfect nose, accompanied by a cracking of cartilage. Blood squirted everywhere, covering his face and running down the front of his shirt. Rayleen's dress was ripped off, but Ketty saw her panties were still intact, a good sign any day.

"Can you carry her?" she asked Grendle.

Scott was cursing in the corner, but Ketty kicked him hard in the groin as they left. "No one drugs my friend and gets away with it, pervert."

Outside, the party appeared to be over. Astrid Salazar, Kato's older sister moved through the barn with a presence that made heads turned. She had an air of authority that couldn't be overlooked, and she hadn't even said a word. Somewhere the music turned down and stillness fell over the party. Kato would much rather his dad be chewing his butt out than Astrid, but it was too late.

"Fun time is over, children." Her tone made no mistake of her disdain for teenage absurdities. "Your transportation is waiting, and those that are spending the night need to go to your cabins. Mincemeat, my personal robot will ensure there is no fraternizing on the estate grounds this weekend, is that understood?" No even dared to let out a snide comment with the way she held herself. Instead they minded like abused children and did as they were told.

The trip home was uneventful. Ketty dressed Rayleen in some of her own cloths, gave her a few straight shots of caffeine and sent her home with her bot and a note saying she had fallen into the fish pond.

"Thanks, Grendle, I appreciate the help."

"Any time, Ketty, you're amazing." He stood his ground for an awkward moment or two, then hugged her and went home. She had a lot to think about and a big day tomorrow as she undressed for bed. In the mirror, she saw a strong young woman, but inside was something vulnerable that wanted to be cherished. Her cheeks were red and flush, which only accentuated the color of her lips more. From her perspective, there was nothing wrong with her body. She just had muscle mass in her legs arms and hips which made people think she was fat.

What did they know, and why should she care? She snuggled up in her warm covers and drifted off with thoughts of the stars, and Kato.

She commanded a faster than light starship in her dreams where she roamed the Subdivision in an effort to stop whatever ailed society. Wars, pirates, or aliens, she was able to face them all with superior weapons and the fighting prowess of a good captain. But then something worse came and the meteors turned into evil no one had ever experienced. Through it all she slept in a fitful sleep.

Please remember to vote!

Comments are welcome!

So what don you think about Rayleen?
Is she a good friend, or just a tramp?
Does this kind of thing happen everyday, and did Ketty do enough to teach Scott a lesson?