Chapter 26-Part III

"It's alright, Boondock, I'll see you after I graduate."

Boondock muttered uncontrollably. "You're the best friend I ever had, I used to watch your fighting techniques and mimic them till they were my own. I knew you were up on the hill all those years to protect us and the prophecy came true. You saved me and my Mistress a hundred times. I can't live without you. Why aren't you marrying my Mistress? Please don't leave me, I think I will die." He stopped and realized something else. "What if the nasty Baird come back? Who will protect us then? Don't leave, don't leave, don't leave. I'm so saa-dd..."

Ketty had her hand on Boondocks shoulder now. She pried him loose gently and whispered in his ear. "You're a fully functional bot now. It's time for you to strike out on your own and make something of yourself."

Ketty pushed him aside and stood in front of Kato. Their eyes met and he didn't look away. "This is goodbye for now," she said with a mischievous smile.

He looked confused, but inside, he knew exactly what he wanted to do. But something stopped him. Weather fate or destiny, for now he would wait.

"One more thing," she stepped between his legs, one hand gently pulling at his shirt. "Kiss me hard before you go."

Wrapping his arm around her waist, he touched his lips to hers and held her that way for a long time. In the space between this moment and the next, a thousand feelings sifted through her mind, and her heart ached in a painfully joyous way. When he pulled away, a tear hurried down his cheek, but he cracked a smile and whispered in her ear. "You smell amazing." With that he turned smartly on his heel and walked away.

He didn't look back, as the indescribable pain of his broken heart threatened to consume him. It was something every young man must come to terms with, longing which consumed him to his deepest core. There was no excuse or description, Kato knew it was a path he must travel. Call it first love, infatuation, lust. The name had no bearing on the emotion. He knew it was a pain that would remind him of his purpose until they met again.

As she watched him leave, Ketty knew one thing that every girl should know. She was worth waiting for.

Don't forget to vote!

Comments are welcome!

Deadwalker Subdivision, book two of the Subdivision Series now available I Amazon as an e-book.

Sample chapter on my profile here on Wattpad.

If you have any questions, I will answer them by a personal message on Wattpad.

THE END