Chapter 53

John P.O.V
I am totally against the idea of inviting mom to this engagement party. It's like Nicole wants our engagement to be difficult. All this is going to do is cause more problems and I want Nicole to not be stressed out during this engagement and her her not stepping up to my mom is not helping.
Nicole P.O.V
I know John is a little mad about me inviting his mom to his enggarment party, but does he not understand that him doing that makes him just as bad as she is like be the bigger person here! Right now me and John are getting ready to go and getting Anthony ready. "Carol's mom came down the stairs after we called her. We got in the car with me sitting in the back, again. The car ride was silent and pretty sure that everyone can feel the awkward tension even Anthony because he was looking around confused. We made it to the resturuant and met everyone there with greetings and we got our table. "So Carol how was your flight?" My mom asked her kindly. "It was nice I guess." Carol said with that same old strained smile. "That's great a d it was nice of you to pass down your family bracelet to her." Momma said. "Oh not like I had a choice." Carol mumbled sipping her drink. "What was that?" Momma asked. "Oh your welcome." She said. Everyone was in their own conversation and I was in none. "So Carol how do you like being Nicole's mother in law?" Brie asked and I glared at her. I looked at her two empty glasses that sat next to her. Uh oh she maybe a little in brie mode. "Well it's different." She said laughing. "What do you mean by different?" Momma asked confused. Something tells me that momma bear is probably going to be coming out. "I mean- Oh my god John look!" Carol reached over behind me tapping his shoulder. "What?" He asked her. She pointed to a woman who was standing not to far behind. "It's Maria darling she is right there." Carol said pointing to her and John looked. "Who is Maria?" I asked them unsure. "Oh she is my favorite of John's girlfriend you guys were such a cute couple." She says making me feel a little insecure. John glared at her "Well we didn't work out because she cheated." He says coldly. "Oh I remember when you guys were madly in love and when you guys were in love maybe still are." She said oh that does it!!! "Well maybe it's just a coincidence maybe there sis someone else who really loves John." I said looking at her dead in the eye. "Oh if your that someone I wouldn't say you love you him." She says and the whole table becomes silent. "Then why did I agree to marry him if I didn't love him, why am I always there for him even if he does an action that is terrible?" I asked her intrested on her mindset. "Oh please stop faking you just want him for his money and fame I honestly don't see what my son sees in a gold digger like you." She says. "Nicole is not a gold digger." John says angry. "Nicole is the most important woman in my life, she is the love of my life and I love her with all my heart, the sparkle of my eye, and she will be Stephanie Nicole Garcia Colace Cena whether you like it or not. Nicole has never hurted me once although there was a few issues that did come between our relashonship, issues like you and if those issues didn't break us apart than you surely won't because I love her to much to let her go." He said to her as all the girls looked at him in awe. "Carol I absolutely love your son I would never do anything to hurt him and in sickness and in health and til death do us part I will always love him." I said to her as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed me on my forehead. Carol looked at me not buying it. "Mother ever since dad passed away you always said you wanted me to be happy well I am happy I got a beautiful fiance and a baby boy from my flesh and blood and I couldn't be happier." He said I looked deeply at Carol and I knew John hit a shaky subject. "Carol can do you not for but for your son happiness and for Anthony who would actually have a Cena family?" I asked her. She took a deep breath and looked at me then John. "Nicole all I wanted is for my son to be happy ever since that tough lost for him and apparently you have and.....I couldn't be more thankful." She said and I let out a small smile. "John it seems like you really love Nicole and I'm not going to stand in your way." She says and John smiled at her for the first time during this trip. "Thanks mom." He said and hugged her. They let go of each other and John sat back down next to me. She opened her arms for me and I hugged her as she hugged me back. "Welcome to the family." She said and rubbed my back we let go of each other. "Wow that session was beautiful." Randy said wiping his eyes. "Randy are you crying?" Brie asked him removing his hand and looking in his eyes. "No I have lemon in my eye." He said wiping his eye. I laughed "Your in love with that guy." I said laughing pointing at him. She glared at my laughing. "Wait a minute wheres Anthony?" Katy asked. I began  to panick until Paige spoke up. "Oh I got him." She says I look her way and saw Anthony sitting on her lapplaying with her blue ends of her hair. The night continued with laughter and talking. I am so glad that situation is over with now all I have to worry about is getting married to my man.