Chapter 43

Nikki P.O.V
I walked inside and saw Anthony standing drinking out of his sippy watching cup watching Elmo. I walked over. "Bubba." I said to him sitting on the couch behind him. He turned around and looked at me. "Yeah!" He said with his high pitched baby voice chewing on his sippy cup. "Can we talk?" I asked him. "Yeah!" He said in the same way coming over to me holding on to my legs. I lifted him on the couch and right beside me. "Bubba I need you to listen to me okay?" I said to him stroking his hair. He stared at me. "Bubba da da is not coming." I said slowly. "Wha?" He asked me confused. "Da da is not coming." I said to him stroking his hair more gently. "Da da not coming?" He asked pouting. I nodded my head no. He then starts crying and drops his sippy cup and runs to the backyard where the girls and TJ and Randy is now. I sighed and closed my eyes tightly and opened them back up. I stood up and picked up his sippy cup and put it on the table. I heard heels clapping on the floor and crying and saw it was Paige holding Anthony with his head burried in her neck. "What happened I was putting down the tables and Anthony came running to me saying da da not coming." She said with confusion written on her face. "John called me and said that he was t going to be able to make it." I said with another sigh. She looked at Anthony crying against her neck and rubbed his back trying to calm him. "I'm sorry!" She mouthed swaying Anthony on in her hips. I smiled at her and nodded. "Can you keep an eye on him or play with him I will set the tables." I said staring at Anthony heart broken that I made him feel like this. She nodded and I walked in the backyard. Nattie walked over. "So I heard..." She said looking at me with sympathy. "Are you okay?" She asks me. "Yeah but it doesn't matter if I'm okay Anthony is heart broken." I said looking inside at Paige holding Anthony on her lap with his head laying on her chest. "Yeah he didn't take that well....." she said as we started walking to where the tables were being set. "Yeah I'm not surprised Anthony is very close to John." I said rolling one table and unfolding it. My stomach grumble of the smell of barbeque feeling the air. "And watching TJ cooking that good looking paddy is not helping." I said staring at the paddy. She laughed at me looking at me weird. "I just hope that this won't effect Anthony birthday." I say sighing putting on the table covers with lightening McQueen on it. "Trust me it won't since the big show is going to be here." (I dont know his real name) The big show is the child whisper who can turn a said child into the most happiest child om earth. But I think Anthony would be more happy if John was here....