Held On For Her [34]

For once Sans could actually say it felt so good to be out of bed. It was true that he liked being able to laze around now and then, but lying in bed for an entire week not being able to do anything just felt like it was going to drive him crazy. But he was decently healing after all the horror he had to go through with Ajax. He was going to be just fine.

Speaking of Ajax, it was actually announced on TV that he had been arrested and that he'd be stepping down from his position. They had no idea how long he was going to be put in prison for yet, but the skeleton really hoped he'd be locked away for a long, long time. Since the announcement of his arrest, people were already wondering of who to elect to the top next, almost like Ajax had just been completely forgotten about in the click of a finger.

Looks like he wasn't really that special after all.

But people had been trying to catch the attention of the public, clearly wanting to be elected. There was one person who seemed to be really liked by the community surprisingly, considering the last asshole that managed to get his way to the top. This time around, it was someone who was promising not only good things for humans, but for monsters too. Sans really hoped that was the case, because it would make things so much better. 

The best part was since Ajax was clearly nothing but a terrible representative, the no monster/human relationships rule was talked about and discussed among people and it was decided that it would be removed! It was no longer against the law for monsters and humans to have romantic relationships with one another. Which just made Sans the happiest he had been in such a long time. 

It meant that he'd finally, finally, FINALLY be able to plan just how he'd ask Frisk to marry him. He was so excited for that day to come. 

Though, before that exciting day would come, Sans actually had to go into work, to work with Gaster, and he was stunned by what he was greeted by. Frisk was there too, along with Chara. And they seemed happy, Chara was crying and hugging someone. Not just someone. 

Asriel Dreemurr. 

"wait, did you manage to..." He trailed off, looking to Gaster who smiled and nodded. Sans was gobsmacked, he knew his father would figure out some way to bring Asriel back to his old form. "that's amazing!

"I'm just so happy you're back..." Chara muttered, sobbing happy tears as she clung to her best friend. "I missed you so much." 

"I've missed you too, Chara." Asriel answered with a wide teary eyed smile. That was the truth. He had been so sick of being Flowey. For so long he had so desperately wanted to be able to feel emotions again. To be able to feel love and compassion again like everyone else seemed to be able to feel. And now thanks to Gaster he could again. He was so extremely grateful, he couldn't thank the scientist enough. 

Frisk was glad to see the pair so happy. And now that Asriel was back, perhaps that would be the final closure to really make Chara a better person again. She had been a lot better since they last fought her, but this might have finally been the needle in the coffin to say that she was going to definitely be alright from now on. 

"welcome back, kid." Sans grinned. It was then that Asriel and Chara invited Sans and Frisk into the hug, and even Gaster if he wanted to. With a small chuckle from both skeletons and a smile from Frisk, they all gladly joined the group hug, as Chara and Asriel continued to sob tears of joy that he was back to normal again.

****

"So, seeing as Ajax is no longer in charge... And we're allowed to be together again..." Frisk started, as she and Sans were walking along hand in hand after finishing work. Sans looked towards her, waiting for her to finish what she was saying. She smiled at him in return. "I was wondering if you wanted to move back in with me?" 

Sans beamed at the idea and nodded. "of course, kid. i'd be happy to live with you again. i was actually going to ask you about that anyway." Sans said. "but i had my mind on what to do for our nice date, so i was thinking all about that first before i was gonna ask to move back in.

"Oh, right." Frisk giggled. "Well, I guess I beat you to it." 

"yeah, ya did." Sans chuckled. 

"So, that date... Are you going to be planning what we're doing then?" Frisk wondered, earning a soft "heh" from Sans in response. 

"i could do that. sure." Sans replied as obviously he did want to be the one to plan things out. That way it would make it easy to know how he was going to propose to her. He wanted it to be special and meaningful. 

"Well, if you insist." Frisk said. 

He was glad that it seemed like she was completely clueless about his ideals. It's not like it was suspicious for him to want to plan the date, seeing as of lately he had become a lot less lazy than he had been before. And after everything they had gone through because of that jerk Ajax, he wanted to impress her. He wanted to make her happy after all the stress she had to go through of being ambassador and trying to get people to see what she had been saying all this time. Ajax definitely must have had a screw loose or something after everything he had done to Sans, seeming to want to so desperately try and kill him. But what kept Sans holding on was the idea that he'd be able to see Frisk again, that she'd save him. And along with the others, she had. He knew she'd come for him. 

She always did.