Happy Birthday [15]

Sans made sure to keep up his training that he had pushed himself to continue on with, as he still wanted to become stronger to be around for Frisk. So far, he had managed to go along with his usual schedule, not even breaking it once. Matter of fact, he hadn't been as lazy as he normally would have been, meaning he was able to up his HP by another 5 in the last month. He was now at 20 HP, better than he had ever been.

This past month, things had been pretty calm. Luckily, Sans had managed to avoid Ajax at any given opportunity. He still hadn't spoken to him since that day he was trying to piss Sans off about the whole him and Frisk thing, and he didn't want to see him either. Only times he was practically forced to see his face against his will is when he popped up in the news now and then, or he was talking publicly and it was recorded on TV. 

The skeleton had heard that apparently Ajax was hoping to come up with a new sort of rule that would apparently be beneficial to both humans and monsters. But of course, Sans didn't believe that one bit. Clearly he believed that Ajax was only talking complete bullshit, like most politicians tended to do.  

Well, whatever. Sans wasn't going to let the prick get to him, he was still busy jogging around the block several times with music blasting in his skull with his headphones. Deciding to take his thoughts away from that guy, his mind went over to his amazing girlfriend - Frisk, wondering what she was up to. He knew that she was clearly working her job as ambassador, getting help from Toriel and Asgore like usual. Sans just hoped she wasn't stressing herself out so much, as with Ajax seeming to be against monsters, Frisk had been trying super hard to try and get him to change his mind. 

With... Not much success. 

But the guy just seemed too damn stubborn. That was the problem. No matter what you told him, he was apparently the one who was correct and that was that. Anything anyone else said was complete rubbish to him. What Sans still didn't understand is how this guy managed to get exactly what he wanted - being able to be the one to make the rules. It just seemed so out of nowhere, so surreal. 

Spacing out and not really keeping an eye out for his surroundings, Sans went to turn a corner, only to completely by accident run into a human, who growled at him in frustration for getting in their way. "Watch where you're going, you fucking monster!" They spat at him in anger, shoving past him once they got over the shock of almost colliding heads with him. Sans glared over his shoulder towards the teenage stranger, thinking of saying something back, until he decided against it and shook his head, going to put his headphones properly over his skull once more. 

He knew that some humans were just going to judge and hate them, no matter what they did. Nonetheless, Sans just wished that someone who actually cared for monster life, that didn't view them like the scum of the earth was in charge, rather than the guy who currently fulfilled that role. For example, Frisk could have been a better person for that job. Then again, her current job was just stressful enough even with the help of Toriel and Asgore, trying to fight for their rights. He couldn't imagine what it was like to have the power that Ajax currently had. 

When he was feeling extremely exhausted, Sans decided to call it a day as he had been running for a fairly long time. Though, he noticed improvements in his fitness, being able to run for longer distances and push himself to do more without the feeling of wanting to instantly collapse - a repeating process that tended to happen when he first began this training. He was glad to know he was getting better. 

For the rest of the way home, Sans decided to bring himself from a jog to a slow walk, as he allowed for his body to begin to relax with each step. He hung his headphones around his shoulders, with his hands shoved into his pockets. The silence that followed him from here on out, apart from the sound of cars occasionally passing now and then, was actually quite nice. Sometimes he actually enjoyed it when he got this time to himself. And he was glad to be occupying himself with being out, rather than spending his time lazing around at home all day, wondering when Frisk was going to get home.

Interrupting the silence, Sans heard his phone within his pocket vibrate, meaning he had obviously gotten a text. Wondering who would be messaging him at this time in the afternoon, he went to check, seeing he got a text from Alphys. Upon opening it and going to read it, it said to come to her house, as everybody else was currently there - including Frisk. He rose a brow, wondering what they were all up to, but he complied with a shrug, sending her a text in return to let her know he was on his way.

After several minutes of walking to her house, rather than teleporting, Sans approached her front door, going to give it a knock and waiting for a reply. He could hear the sounds of voices inside, people clearly conversing with one another from inside. Sans was just glad he didn't have to wait too long for Alphys to go and answer the door. 

"hey, al. you messaged me. what was it that you--

"SURPRISE!!!" Everyone yelped, which caused him to jump with shock as he was pulled inside by Alphys and Undyne, everyone smiling huge grins at him from where they were standing in front of a huge banner held up along the wall that read in big capital letters: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" 

If he could manage it, Sans' jaw could have gone and hit the floor. Everyone was here: Toriel, Asgore, Frisk, Undyne, Alphys, Mettaton, Papyrus, Chara, Muffet, Grillby, Gaster and even Flowey. His good pals, and his amazing girlfriend, all here to celebrate the one day that... HE had actually forgotten about. His mind had been so on autopilot as of lately, it had completely slipped his skull that it was even his birthday. 

"you guys... you actually remembered my birthday?" Sans questioned, which got a laugh from his friends in return.

"OF COURSE WE WOULD REMEMBER YOUR BIRTHDAY, BROTHER! WHY WOULDN'T WE?" Papyrus excitedly exclaimed, giving his older brother a wide smile. 

"Though, we can't take all the credit, darling. After all, it was Frisk's idea that we'd all meet up like this to celebrate your special day." Mettaton spoke besides Papyrus as he held an arm around his shoulders. Sans chuckled, and then beamed towards Frisk, just thanking her so much for this with his smile.

"thank you... so much... i mean, you guys remembered... it's not the fact that i thought you'd all forget. it's just that i did!" He admitted, which only got his friends to break into laughter once more. But they weren't laughing at him, they were laughing with him.

Despite all the things that had been going on with Ajax, Sans was just so glad to have all these people in his life. To have Frisk in his life.

This was probably going to be his favourite birthday in years.