What He Deserved [33]

Sans groaned, wondering just where exactly he was after everything that had happened. It all felt like such a blur, and he felt like he had been out for an extremely long time. When trying to get away from Ajax, the last thing the skeleton could remember was seeing a bunch of what he could only assume were cops enter the building, and it was then that he ended up passing out into pitch blackness. He remembered hearing Frisk's worried voice shouting his name, asking him if he was okay, if he could hear her. But he didn't have the ability to answer. He was just out cold. 

"Hey there. Finally waking up, I see." Gaster spoke with a faint chuckle, seeing Sans' unfocused eyes slowly open and glance towards him standing at his bedside. 

"ugh... where am i?" Sans wondered, as he hadn't had the chance to glance around the room he was in yet. Gaster went on to explain.

"You're in your room, at home. You've been unconscious for at least a couple of days. You see, after what happened we went to the hospital for your injuries. But the hospital couldn't really do a whole lot about the damage that was done to your soul because of Ajax." Gaster said, and when seeing the alarmed expression on Sans' face, Gaster went to dispel his worries. "But luckily, it has been my job to try and find a solution to issues like that." He pointed to what looked like an IV drip besides Sans' bed, and to Sans' surprise he realised it was connected to his soul. 

"what is that?" Sans asked, clearly bewildered as the bag was shining with a light glow. 

"It just contains magic to strengthen your soul again. You'll be okay with enough rest in bed." Gaster explained. "And you'll be happy to know that Ajax was arrested that same day. He's being demoted down from his position which means he'll no longer be making the rules. We're hoping to have someone better in his place soon enough. Not sure who though." 

"i see..." Sans managed a small smile. "i'm glad." He said. And he really and truly was. If he didn't feel so weak and tired right now, he'd probably be a lot more upbeat about the fact that Ajax was no longer going to be a problem. Someone will hopefully be able to remove that rule he made up and... He'll be able to ask Frisk to marry him! "where's frisk?

"Oh, she's in the living room resting too. But I can go get her if you want me to?" Gaster wondered and Sans nodded as he just so badly wanted to see her.

"yes. please." He answered and seeing his eagerness to see Frisk, Gaster left the room to go get her. 

Minutes ticked by while Sans was waiting for Frisk to arrive. Seeing his door reopen, Frisk bounded in with a wide smile on her face, as she was clearly glad to see he was awake. "Sans!" She called, rushing over to his bedside to gently grab one of his hands. "Are you okay...?" She quietly asked. "I'm so sorry that we couldn't stop Ajax from hurting you like that. I felt so awful. We could hear every minute of it and--" 

"frisk, it's okay." He said, interrupting her. "it's not your fault. there wasn't anything that could have been done. i'm just glad you guys showed up at all to help. and i'm just glad to be here with you now." He told her, going to take his freehand to softly place it on her cheek. With tears sliding down her face, she placed her other hand atop his. "i knew that i had to fight to stay alive for you. and so i did. and i'm still here. i don't ever want to leave you. because i love you.

"I love you too, Sans." Frisk beamed with more tears sliding down her cheeks. "Gaster? When do you think he'll be better?" 

"Probably a week or two at most. He'll still need time to get all his energy back even being out of bed. But if he takes it slow he'll likely be fully recovered within the next two weeks." He said, earning a nod of understanding from Frisk.

"I see. Thanks Gaster." Frisk smiled, before raising her eyebrows in surprise to see the bedroom door opening again - only to reveal Grillby with a tray of drinks placed upon it. She wasn't even aware that he had hung around. Then again, she had been sleeping. 

"Thought I'd prepare some drinks for everyone." Grillby said, allowing for everyone to take one, leaving one for himself. He glanced towards Sans with a small frown. "How are you feeling, Sans?"

"exhausted but... i'll be okay. thanks for helping frisk and my dad - and the others. i'd probably be dusted if it wasn't for you guys.

"Well, we just did what we had to." Grillby shrugged. "Couldn't have you being dusted on us after all." 

"Agreed." Gaster nodded before glancing towards Grillby. "Anyway, Grillbz, what do you say we leave these two to enjoy each others company for a bit. They've really been missing each other after all." He chuckled as the two glanced back towards the loving couple.

"Of course." Grillby nodded in agreement, managing a small smile as he was just glad for Frisk and Sans that they were both okay. With that, the two left the room, leaving Frisk and Sans alone.

"hey, frisk?" Sans wondered. "i was thinkin' how would you feel about going on a date with me once i've recovered? because i feel like we just really need to spend some time together after... everything." He chuckled and Frisk seemed to smile at the idea, showing that she adored it.

"Yeah, I'd like that." She agreed. "It's been awhile since we went on a proper actual date, without the need to sneak around." She said. Because whenever they wanted to date under Ajax's watch, it meant trying to keep it undercover. If only they had done a better job at that, none of this would have happened. But then again, if they had never been found out, Ajax never would have been arrested. So... In a way, getting discovered is the thing that ended up helping them and it only bit Ajax in the ass in the end. 

At least he finally got what he deserved.