Teamwork [29]

"don't you come near me, i swear to god! if you do, i'll--"

"You'll what?" Ajax mocked the skeleton. "You're forgetting that you can't use magic, you can't do a thing." Ajax said, beginning to circle around Sans and the chair he was sitting in, like a lion cornering it's prey. Sans tried to avoid his stare, feeling weirdly intimidated by him. Maybe it was the fact that he knew he couldn't fight back. He was completely defenceless and he actually felt... Afraid.

"Anyway, do you have any last words you'd like to say to your friends, seeing as they can hear us?" Ajax said, placing his hands on Sans' shoulders from behind him and speaking uneasily close beside his skull where his ears would have been if he was human.

"Fuck you!" Undyne shouted at the speaker, even though there was no way for Ajax to hear her.

"After all, seeing as you don't have that machine to bring yourself back, this is your last stop, Sans." Ajax said. Sans' eyes widened.

"wait, how the hell do you know about..." He trailed off and his eyes enlarged further in realisation. "...it was you... you were the one who stole the blueprints... i knew there was no way they could have just gone missing!"

"Oh, so you finally figured it out, did you?" Ajax chuckled, stepping back around his chair and kneeling down in front of him so they were now level with each other. Sans could only glare at him, while Ajax smirked back. "Yes, I'm the one who stole those blueprints of yours. After you monsters had left the underground, I wanted to try and search for something to try and put you back where you belonged, or at least try to find stuff that meant something to you so I could use it against you." 

"well, you have the power to send us back underground. so, why haven't you done it already?" Sans wondered. Ajax chuckled. 

"Because where would be the fun in that? After all this time I had spent trying to get what I want, why would I waste the opportunity to be able to watch you suffer just like I've always wanted? You just sadly had to be one of the monsters that had to know me. So, it's nothing personal, Sans. It's just bad luck." 

"fuck you." Sans spat, quite literally into the centre of his forehead. Ajax flinched and yelped in annoyance, only to then proceed to clench his fist and put it right across Sans' face who grunted in shock. He shook his head, blinking a couple of times to recover from the impact, but Ajax was hardly even giving him a chance as he grabbed his skull and turned him to face him again. Ajax's piercing eyes were glaring daggers right into his black eyesockets. 

"You really have the nerve to be speaking like that to me." Ajax said. "Now that we've got all that rubbish out of the way, how about we get to the main event?" He grinned, going over and picking up the plank he had left on the floor. He paced right up to Sans and took the board of wood, holding it right up against Sans' neck to he was pinned back against the chair. "This is how this whole thing is going to play out. You will show me your soul. If you don't, then I'll only go to force it out of you." Ajax warned. 

"smh. why the fuck would i do something like that, only so you can hurt me more? and force me to show my soul?" Sans chuckled with a smirk. "please, dude. i'd like to see you try." He challenged. 

Clearly angry, Ajax stepped back and threw down the plank of wood, pacing back and forth in front of Sans, almost as if he was still trying to intimidate him while glaring right through him. Sans was wondering what the creep was up to, but eventually he came to a stop and rose one of his hands towards Sans. The skeleton gave him a look of confusion, only for his eyes to widen in surprise as he saw his own soul suddenly appear from his chest and it floated in the air just before him. 

How did he...?! 

"wait... how did you?!" He cried. Now he was definitely scared. Only a magic ability would be able to do something like that... So how...

"You've probably noticed that your father has been missing for a short while now, huh?" Ajax commented, stepping closer to him. "Before we went after you, we decided to take him first. Thought his magic would be useful." Ajax spoke, and continued on to interrupt Sans before he had an angry outburst. "Calm down. We didn't kill him. We just took some of his magic and put him in a separate cell to the rest of your friends. True, we'll likely kill him later. But you were the main person we wanted to be prepared for." Ajax explained, going back to picking up the wood once more as he grinned evilly towards Sans. "Now then... Let's see how much you can take, huh?" 

Sans' eyes widened with pure terror as Ajax rose the piece of wood to swing at his floating soul. He wanted to stop him, to activate his magic and to stop this foul disgusting being from trying to hurt him. But he couldn't do that. He couldn't do anything. The only thing he could do was wail as agony engulfed his entire body. He screamed and he cried and he just tried to struggle, but he couldn't do a single damn thing. 

If his screams had seemed bad before, those were nothing to how much he was howling now. And what was worse is that his friends could still hear every bit of this as Ajax attacked his defenceless soul over and over, laughing crazily with absolute joy as he clearly got a joy out of making this powerless monster suffer.

"I can't fucking take this anymore!" Undyne shouted, grabbing the bars that kept them locked in and she tried to shake them angrily with fury. However, nothing could seem to bend or break them, and magic was being restricted in that whole cell. Magic was a no-no for them as they did not have the opportunity to use it. "We've got to get out of here! We just have to! Look for some kind of way out!"

"THERE LOOKS LIKE THERE'S A VENT! BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT LEADS!" Papyrus pointed towards the wall. 

"Are you kidding me?! That's been there that entire time!?" Undyne shouted before exhaling and shaking her head. Now was not the time to get overly angry about little things. They needed to get out and save Sans. "It looks pretty small. Hey, punk! Think you can fit through this?" Undyne wondered.

"Well... I might be able to..." Frisk weakly answered, trying to ignore the sounds of Sans feeling nothing but pain. "There's a possibility that it might lead to a vent in the hall before us. If I can get out through there, maybe I could find a way to get you guys out." She suggested.

"Alright, me and Papyrus will lift you up into the vent! Come on, hurry!" Undyne said, motioning for Papyrus to help her try to pull the vent covering off. It took some effort and a lot of grunting with frustration, but the pair luckily managed to eventually get the bolts loose and pull the cover off with teamwork. "Nice! Okay, are you ready, Frisk?" 

"As ready as I'll ever be." Frisk frowned, stepping in between Undyne and Papyrus to allow them to help her up into the vent.

"BE CAREFUL, FRISK!" Papyrus told her as they began to help her up, allowing her to climb on inside. 

"I'll try... It's really dark in here! I mean, I can still see but..." She sighed. "I'll see what I can do!" 

"Well, hurry up, punk! We can't waste any time!" 

They were on a time limit after all. To save their friend's life.