Kidnapped [27]

Just like before, Sans felt unbelievably happy to wake up next to Frisk. Stirring himself awake, he softly groaned and smiled, snuggling against her as he murmured a sleepy "hey." and he began to kiss her on the cheek, slowly leading the kisses along her jaw and down to her neck, which caused her to let out a small giggle which only made him chuckle in response as he continued to cuddle her.

"Hey... Morning." Frisk said, turning her head to look towards him as she opened her own eyes. "It's so nice to still be able to wake up next to you..." She murmured, pulling him into a soft, caring kiss which he gladly returned which as much enthusiasm he could muster this early in the morning. 

"likewise." Sans agreed, letting out a calming sigh. "ugh... i have to go into work again today though... sadly." He frowned. "i just wanna stay here and lie in bed with you all day..." He whined which only made Frisk sadly smile as she understood how he felt. She wished she could have just stayed lying in his arms all day too. But sadly people had to work.

"I know. I wish you could stay in bed with me all day too." She said. "But you can't miss work otherwise Gaster might get mad." She softly laughed. 

"yeah... you're probably right." He answered, letting out another one of his yawns as he stretched his boney arms towards the ceiling, just wanting to wake himself up a little more before he'd pull himself out of bed to have some breakfast. 

He hated how fast time flew by.

Before he knew it, after eating and having breakfast, while having time to talk and relax with Frisk, it began to creep up to the time where Sans had to go back to work. Honestly, he was happy to be able to have a job, so he could actually make money for himself rather than having everyone buy things for him. However, he hated always having to leave Frisk five days a week, every week. It was only during the holidays that he was able to get off work, but even though it was beginning to climb up to winter and Christmas, it felt like forever away until that'd actually happen. 

"ugh, i don't want to go." Sans sighed, giving Frisk a hug and kissing her on the forehead when they stood beside the front door. "but i have to."

"Yeah... I know. Besides, like we agreed, you can't be here every day and every night, so perhaps it'd be best to head on home tonight." Frisk suggested, and Sans nodded in agreement. But not without a ton of regret as he really wished he could stay with her every single night. 

"alright. see ya, kid. love ya." He smiled, giving her an actual kiss on the lips before he turned to open the front door and step out, closing it behind him before he began to walk down the path and on his way to work. It was true that he could have teleported, but he was still trying to keep up his exercise to make sure he didn't become lazy again. He had managed to keep his HP up too, which was better than having it at one HP. 

Arriving at work, Sans was only disappointed to see that Gaster still hadn't shown up. He figured he was still busy trying to work out things about the core. He could have at least had the decency to call though, rather than leaving him in the dark and leaving him being the only one to work for the last few days. But he just guessed that perhaps Gaster thought the note would be good enough to let Sans know where he was. 

So, not really putting much thought into it, Sans began to start working, typing all this science-y mumbo jumbo into a nearby computer. Sans had noticed that close to the computer were a bunch of notes written out in hands, a language which he clearly recognised, seeing as his father had taught him how to speak it at a pretty young age, before he became all science crazy. Feeling curious, Sans picked up one of the notes and peered over it, reading over the symbols and looking at the complex diagrams that Gaster had obviously drawn up himself. 

Ever since he and Frisk had mentioned it, Gaster had been trying his hardest to find a way to rebuild that machine that was able to restore a monster, or even a human after death if you still had their remaining soul. If that shattered, there was no hope of bringing them back - not without a reset. It was clear from this piece of paper that Gaster was still trying his hardest to find some solutions ever since they had lost the original blueprints somehow. Sans couldn't help but frown at how much Gaster had scribbled out stuff that he clearly didn't feel was right. There must have been something he was missing.

Putting the notes down, he continued on with his own work. Typing into a computer and just allowing for the time to fly by and before he knew it, it was beginning to climb up to 5:30PM. He hadn't even had anything to eat yet and he hadn't even noticed how hungry he felt. 

With that thought in mind, Sans decided he'd put his work at rest for a bit, and thought he might as well head out and get himself some food from the store. He didn't know what exactly he was going to have yet, only that he just wanted to have a decent enough meal that he didn't feel like he was going to collapse from starvation.

To the skeleton's surprise, he hadn't expected to see Undyne, Papyrus and even Frisk there as they must have been spending the day together while he was at work. He softly smiled, waving them over once they saw him. Frisk looked like she almost wanted to practically skip over, but she made a mental note in her head not to over do it in case someone was watching.

"HELLO, BROTHER! IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU HERE! I SUPPOSE YOU'RE HERE TO GET FOOD TOO?" Papyrus asked when they were finally in talking distance. Sans chuckled and nodded.

"yup. sounds about right. what are you guys up to?"

"Well, we were actually thinking of paying you a visit." Undyne admitted. "But we figured you wouldn't want to be disturbed while you were at work." 

"But we ended up running into you anyway! So it all worked out in the end!" Frisk giggled. Sans chuckled. 

"yeah, definitely. it's good to see you guys. sadly i can't stay for long though as i've got to head on back and get on with a couple of things but... it would be nice to hang out with you guys some other time."

"YEAH, DEFINITELY!" Papyrus chimed in excitement, lighting up to the idea of having a little meet up with the four of them. For a bit longer, the small group walked around the store together as Sans was looking around with wonder at what to buy to get to eat. He picked out a couple of things and checked them out, holding everything in a shopping bag once he had paid for his items.

"welp, guess i'll see ya guys." Sans grinned, waving towards them when they all exited out the store together. The three others nodded. 

"Yeah! See you. Get back safely, okay?" Frisk smiled.

"will do. you too." Sans said before he turned to go his separate way towards work. 

On the way back, he peered into his bag, making sure that he had definitely gotten everything he wanted. He would have hated to have forgotten something, or for the cashiers to have forgotten to put something in the bag and over charge him. Things like that were just annoyingly frustrating.

As the skeleton was walking down the lonely, quiet street, it was beginning to get darker as it was already climbing up to around 6:15pm. Sans looked at his phone, raising his eyebrows when he noticed he got a missed call from Frisk. And that's when he remembered, he had gone and put his phone on silent as he didn't want it to bug him while he was working. Of course.

With a smile, he went to place his boney thumb over the dial button. And just as he was about to put the phone to his skull to wait for her to pick up, he suddenly felt two arms wrap around his neck from behind and catch him off guard, taking him totally by surprise as he dropped his phone and his bag and he was dragged into an alley. 

Growling with frustration, Sans was ready to use his magic as his blue eye was flaring up with anger. However, he let out a small grunt when he felt what he could only assume was a needle harshly stabbed into the side of his spine. He tried to look over his shoulder at whoever his kidnapper was as he began to become weaker and weaker by the second, and he was clearly starting to lose consciousness. He couldn't even activate his magic anymore. 

Fear had gripped his entire body when he saw just who had gone to attack him, right before everything had gone to pitch black darkness and he had passed out. 

It was Ajax.