Shattered- Chapter ten

Start from the beginning

I can't be home alone because I always leave all the lights on and whenever I hear a noise I cry...weird I know. One time I forgot my mom left the washing machine on and when I was in my room, hearing it full, I literally cried and prayed because I thought I was going to die...true story. I'm such a wimp.

I should have paid attention to our conversation on the phone instead of just saying yes to everything since I was watching Orange Is The New Black.

I looked at him and he seemed deep in thought. But he looked at me and said, "Anaya-"

I slapped him across his face. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand, "I'm so sorry. It's a reflex. It's just whenever the people in school start at sentence with her name, it's always something rude and hurtful so yeah..."

He rubbed his face, wincing in the process. "No it's okay."

We were super early and I think he did this on purpose...we were the only ones there.

I was about to ask him why he asked me to come for seven when he knew it started eight but I already knew the answer.

What was I supposed to do in this hour?

"Anaya loved horror movies." As he said it, he put his hands in front of his face and waited. He kept it there a while, thinking I was going to hit him, until he slowly lowered his hands.

I stretched my hand to meet his face but each time my hand came closer he inched backwards. My hands stopped midway in the air and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not going to slap you."

He let out a breath and my hand finally reached his cheek. He seemed to tense under my touch and I laughed. He put his hand over mine, "I can't belive I got you to talk."

I looked at my lap. Flashbacks of my past came rushing through my mind but like always I ignored it and pushed it at the back of my brain awaiting for it to reappear just so I could push it back again. My hand fell from his face to my lap and he used his thumb and index finger to raise my chin up.

He caressed my cheek and he kept leaning closer and closer.

Even though we were separated by food, I still love you food, and our seats we made it happen.

He leaned over the hand rests and what did he do?

He kissed me.

And I kissed back.

It was slow, passionate and unfortunately short. The sound of two people clearing their throats caused us to pull away. I looked at Hailey and Amanda like I was a deer caught in headlights. I was blushing and so was Andrew.

I twirled my hair around my finger, it was something I did when I was nervous. I was the first to speak.

"So...how about that weather?" I chuckled nervously and Amanda laughed.

Hailey in the other hand looked like she wanted to kill me.

She pushed pass me and sat next to Andrew puckering her lips, batting her eyelashes and pushing out chest. I loved Hailey, honestly. She was funny and sweet and trustworthy just like Amanda but when it came to Andrew she turns to a whole different level of bitch.

Amanda sat on the other side of Andrew and I sat next to her.

She insisted that I sat by him for when I get scared, he could hold me. Of course I rolled my eyes and argued until I finally won.

Eventually the theatre started to full up.

During he movie I kept hugging Amanda and she kept rolling her eyes and mumbling I told you so under her breath, as if I wasn't hearing her.

I'm pretty sure I cried in some part of it.

"Let's switch seats." Amanda whisper yelled at me.

I thought about it and eventually gave in.

"Hi."

He smiled and I replied. "Hey."

When I got scarred I would nozzle my head in his neck and he would put his arm around my waist. He would laugh and I would lightly punch his chest telling him to stop it.

Eventually, I fell asleep. I felt sorry for those around me because I snore...loud.

I woke up choking on salty, buttery goodness. I looked up at Andrew and he snorted.

"I'm sorry," He whispered, "It fell and I didn't think that it'd land in your mouth."

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay I lied. Your snoring was annoying as hell."

He smiled sheepishly.

I wish I could say that I was happy I came but I couldn't.

The kiss was a mistake...this was a mistake.