20. Pre Wedding Ceremonies-2

~ when I look at you, my world stops! Because you, my dear lock, my eyes with yours and I can see the entire universe in them...~

Early morning next day, Padmini was making the final arrangements for the Haldi ceremony. Since Punjabis also had a separate 'chooda ceremony', it was scheduled after the haldi ceremony. As per customs there were many more rituals in between but since it was a mix kind of marriage of two completely different traditions, the families have decided to keep the necessary rituals only.

Now for Nandini's haldi to begin, it was important to have Manik's side of ritual done first. It was said that that the turmeric paste  bride used was sent by the groom's family after it has been touched and used a little by the groom. Hence Nyonika was trying to convince Manik to come down for the ritual but he was sitting in his room, making faces.

"Maa...why that paste? I wont come down. I have seen in movies. You all would act like all the revenge stored for years is going to be taken today itself...", Manik whinned horrified and Nyonika burst out laughing.

"Don't act stupid Manik...", She fake glared at him and Manik made a grumpier face.

" I am still not married Mom and you are already scolding me. I am not marrying. I was happy before...", He stomped his foot and Nyonika could barely control her laughter. Sometimes Manik was such a baby and this was one of those times.

" Offo Manik...Listen to me. Nandini is so beautiful isn't she?", She asked softly and he nodded.

" So after this haldi ceremony she will even glow more and I want you to be at level with her. And for that you need to come down, understand?", She negotiated like we do with small kids asking for chocolates and Manik finally agreed. He came down, made faces at everyone and sat grumpily but did complete the ceremony. It tickled him at times and he laughed at the touch on his neck at times. But somehow, the ritual was done and Nyonika breathed in relief.

 But somehow, the ritual was done and Nyonika breathed in relief

( Just imagine Manik with similar expressios🙈🙈🙈)

On the other hand, Nandini was sitting amidst her family and friends ready for the haldi ceremony when the doorbell rang. It was Kabir who came to give the groom's haldi to the bride.

" Nandini beta, you know why this haldi ceremony is held?", Padmini asked her daughter lovingly and she shook her head.

" Because we believe that haldi will protect you from the devil's eye. It will keep you safe and sound until your wedding. This is why you are not allowed to move out of the house until tomorrw, that's until the wedding. Also the auspicious colour of the haldi is believed to fill glowing clolours in your coming married life...", Padmini explained it and Nandini nodded at her mother with a smile.

", Padmini explained it and Nandini nodded at her mother with a smile