Chapter 36: Amends Pt. 1

Rose's POV

Only the sound and light of the fireplace was present in the cabin. Nightfall had come hours ago and being isolated from the world and my problems was very tranquil.

The way the wood snapped and crackled was like music to my ears. The warm shades of the fire danced with one another in random motions. There's just something about it that intrigues me. 

My body called it quits, considering the events that have occurred today, I'm surprised I haven't slept yet. I forced my weary body to get up and go towards a more comfortable room.

As I grew near the hallway, the house was painted with white light. I turned to see a car pull up.

"Who would be here at this hour?" I asked myself as I went to the entrance.

The lights of the car faded away and the owner of the vehicle came towards me. I couldn't speak, I just stood there and stared at the person.

Taehyung's POV

As I approached her, the need to have her in my arms grew, but I contained myself, "Hi Rose."

She attempted to speak, "H-How did you find me?" 

Even though her face was stiff, you could sense a bit of pain in her voice. "With this..." 

I pulled the necklace from my pocket and handed it to her. She shyly accepted it and placed it on her neck, "May I come in?"

Her eyes darted away from mine and motioned me to enter. I walked into the dark cabin and looked around.

"You can sleep in one of the guest bedrooms, we can talk in the morning." she announced as she waltzed through the living room.

I grabbed her arm and she came to a halt, "Please Taehyung i'm tired. We can talk-" 

I brought her into my arms and stroked her hair, "I am so sorry Rose, I'm sorry for hurting you and the ones dearest to you. I know that my actions have caused you so much pain and you have every right to resent me."

My arms pushed her back so that I could see her face, "And if you choose to not take me back I understand. I just want to do what makes you happy, that's all i've ever wanted." 

She looked down and I could feel her body tremble, "It's okay Rose, you don't have to give me an answer right now, you can tell me in the morning. I just couldn't wait till then...goodnight."

I went to my room and laid on the bed, drops of water decorated my window as I sighed to myself. It's up to her now...

Rose's POV

I was in bed thinking about what just happened, he genuinely feels bad for what he's done. The fact that he's okay with me not taking him back was truly astonishing.

For a man to declare his wrongdoings and understand his faults is someone I truly admire.

Rain started to pour and was accompanied by soft sounds of thunder. My feet touched the carpet and went to his door.

I quietly let myself in to see if he was sleeping. He facef the window and was sounf asleep. I ultimately regretted coming in and turned to leave.

A hand got a hold of my wrist, "You can sleep here if you want."

I looked back and saw him sitting up. I lifted the covers and joined him, the rain still continued to pour outside.

No one spoke for a while until I turned to face him, "Taehyung, the night before I left, did you really mean what you said?"