Chapter 20: Defeat

Rose's POV

There was a burning sensation in my eyes. Every muscle was stiff. My headache was still present and I didn't get any sleep last night.

I need to get up or everyone will get suspicious. My body ached, but I kept pushing it.

I got dressed and went downstairs. Jimin and Suga were both on the couch watching tv.

Before I could enter the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, I was stopped by the siblings.

Kyungjae prepared a cup and gave it to me. "We're going to buy some food."

"Then we're going to take everyone for a hike and then have a bonfire," Kyungjoo added.

I took a sip, "That sounds good, but I think I'm going to sit out today."

They started putting on their jackets, "Okay, but call us if anything happens."

When everyone left I sat on the couch and shut my eyes.

Taehyung's POV

When I heard Rose was staying, I decided to do the same. This is the perfect time to give her my gift. I stayed as quiet as I could and went to get a blanket for her. 

She looked so tired but perked up when she felt me placed the blanket on her. "Hey! I thought you went with the others?"

I put my arm around her, "Why would I leave if you're here?"

She blushed a bit and examined my hand. "Did you get a new ring?"

She began to play with it, completely focusing on the shiny circle. I laughed, she's cute when she acts like this. I got her hand and placed the ring on her finger. "Now you have one to match."

In shock she looked back at me, "Are you serious?! You shouldn't have."

I smiled, "This is just to show you how much you mean to me."

Gazing into each other's eyes no words were spoken. They weren't necessary.

Her eyes, her hair, I love everything about her. Scratch that, she is my everything.

Kyungjoo's POV

V told me he was staying at home with Rose. How sweet of him. The rest of us went hiking, everyone was ahead of Namjooon and I.

Since that day at the movie theater, we've been hanging out a lot. He asked me about my childhood, my dreams, and my plans for the future.

I've never had someone who's been interested in my aspirations. They were either materialistic or possessive. Namjoon's different.

Our hands intertwined with one another we paused and took in the view.

Beautiful shades of reds, yellows, and oranges, were painted on the trees. A gust of wind past which caused the ocean of warm colors to flow.

He pulled me in and gave a quick peck on my cheek. This is something that I'll never forget.

Jungkook's POV

You'd think that dancing and singing would help you. Well, you're wrong.

Catching our breath we took our final steps to the top of the hill.

The view from here was indescribable. Things that nature provides is absolutely perfect. 

"I wish Rose and V were here to see this" I whispered to myself.