Prologue- Her Birth

Midori Shiki

Rido's sleeping face was the first thing Midori Shiki saw when she opened her eyes. He is so handsome, that her heart would speed up, the middle of her legs would feel moistened, her whole body would quake with pleasure that she cannot define with words each time she looked at that face. Bodily attraction was not all that remained between them, emotional attachment was there too. Or that's what she convinced herself to believe. Or else why would Rido spend night after nights in indulged in pleasure, in her arms rather than going to his fiance Shizuka Hio.

He preferred her over that pureblood! Her lips curled up in a victorious smile at the realization.

Her hand reaches out to carefully caress a portion of his face and he snorts but does not awaken as she fears. Leaning closer she nuzzles against his face and plants a small kiss over his lips and he mumbles a word that completely rips her heart apart.

Juri!

Again? Why? Why always her she does not understand!

It makes no sense to Midori how can one be so obsessed with somebody who does not return your feelings? While totally ignoring the one who pours out her love, heart, body and soul to you? What sort of madness is this? What is the strength of this one sided love?

Midori has known this man all her life but it's been over twenty years since she had been involved with him. In these years she has made love to him so many times yet not even for once did he pour his heart to her. His heart still belongs to Juuri Kuran. His beloved Juuri! And that makes Midori sometimes wonder what would happen if Juuri every changes her mind about Haruka and opens her arms for Rido? The man will surely kick her ass out and run to Juuri there is no doubt in that.

And that is what saddens her. Even after being with him for so long there is still no value for her. What did she not do for him? She gave him her blood and her body, took all the assaults that came from his frustration, anger, madness towards Juuri. She even bore him a son. A son whose presence he does not even acknowledge, nor has he even had the decency to see his beautiful boy's face and Rido's cruelty towards her does not end here; he did not even permit her to give their son his last name which is why the boy has been named Senri Shiki Instead of Senri Kuran.

Yet the lady Shiki cannot stop her heart from hoping that one day...one day Rido will truly love her as much as he loves his Juuri or perhaps even more.

...

Midori Shiki was with Rido, doing up the buttons of his shirt when the servant came in with the news that few members of the Hanadagi family wanted audience with him. She did not concern herself to the matter since she knew that they owed big sum of money to the Kuran male.

Rido left her to speak to the other group of purebloods and Midori silently followed behind silently and watch it all from behind a pillar. It was that night that her owned eyes witnessed her own destruction.

They were exactly four in number, the four Hanadagi brothers, famous for borrowing money and never returning it. That was what they usually did with the most aristocrats. However this time it was Rido Kuran whom they owed money to and it is common knowledge that he is someone whom they cannot easily evade.

The way the conversation was going on between Rido and those four young pureblood sounded like a deal was going to be signed. But soon one of the brothers disappeared and returned minutes later with a very attractive young female. Her glowing skin rivalled the moonlight and her jet black hair was a perfect contrast against that illuminating skin.