Chapter 42- Competition

Jades POV

I sighed, flipping through the pages of the new "seventeen" magazine. We've  lived with Mark for nearly a month, and what I feared has happened. 

Everyday I watch Jack and Mak hang out, well when he's not hanging with Mark. She has him like a little puppet, he's willing to do anything for her.

I frown and pull up my magazine, as they walk in laughing. "That was so fun Jack!" She chimed as I rolled my eyes. I watched him nod and laugh with her. You're my bestfriend. Yeah fucking right.

"Jade?" My head snapped up, "Huh?" I asked looking at Jack and Mak who had been looking at me.
"I asked if you wanted to go get ice cream with us later?" Jack said. I frowned..

"Jack do you really think this is how you're supposed to be spending the money you won? Shouldn't you like donate some of it to another psych ward? Or a suicide hotline or something?" I asked, pushing my glasses up and sitting up.
He laughed, "Jade, it's ok, it's just ice cream."
"I'm not just talking about that Jack," I watched his smile drop," I'm talking about every stupid thing you've bought in the last month?!" I practically yelled.

"Jade I.." he tried. But stopped, in fact everything in that moment stopped. I felt a surge of energy rush through my body, "Woah." I think I said. My hearing came back and my vision became steady.
I looked up to see Jack, sad and confused looking. I stood up in fear and confusion. "I have to go." I said and walked to my room closing the door.

"What the fuck was that?" I whispered to myself in fear, pulling my shirt up and looking at myself in the mirror. I turned side to side examining my body, yet nothing felt out of place.

I sat on the edge of my bed flabbergasted. "What the fuck.." I whispered as there was a knock at the door. I pulled my knees up to my chest, "Comin" I said.

I watched as Jack came in awkwardly and shut the door. "Jade, can we talk?" He said look up at me from the floor. "Yeah" I mumbled.

"Do you hate me?" He asked, looking back down. What, no. You hate me. "D-do you hate me?" I asked back. He looked up in confusion, and shook his head. "Then no." I said.

I heard a sigh of relief as he joined me on the bed.
"Do you really think I should donate the money?" He asked, looking towards me.
"N-no, I mean maybe some of it- I."
"This isn't about the money, is it?" He asked, and I felt my stomach knot.

"No, it's about her. It's about Mak.. you totally like her better! You're always doing things with her and not me. You choose to sit next to her, and not me. It's always her." I said in frustration.

He sighed. "You're my absolute best friend, and I wouldn't trade you for anyone. But Mak, Mak is my best friend too. We've been through so much together, and she was there for me the times you couldn't. But just because I have two best friends doesn't mean I love one more than the other. I'm sorry if this upsets you, but I don't want to lose either of you." He said in defeat.

"You'll never lose me Jack, I can assure you that. It's just going to take sometime to get used to competition." I said looking over at him.

He looked back, "I understand." 
We hugged it out for a while, until he pulled away. "Now why don't we go plan something with all four of us?" I nodded. As he stood up and held out his hand.

I grabbed it and he pulled me out of the room.

____________________
Do you think Jack has a favourite?
-Phantom