Chapter 14- Psych Ward

Jacks POV

I gave Jade one final hug as she prepared to leave and go back to our hotel. I mentally screamed knowing I would not be going with her. It all happens in one swift motion until she is gone and I am stuck asking myself 'Did that really just happen?'

I'm all alone, in a state I've never been too.
What if she doesn't come back.
She can finally get rid of you.
My heart races at those thoughts.
I jump at the contact of a hand on my shoulder. I turn back from the exit to see a doctor.

"Hello Sean I'm Dr. Wilkson, if you follow me I can show you where you'll be staying for the next few days or so." He says with a warming smile.

I gulp and begin to walk with him as he leads me down a corridor to two big doors that say "Psych Ward." Just reading those words make me shiver.
He holds the door open for me as I slouch my head with my shoulders as much as I could.

We begin walking by many closed doors.
"One of these rooms is where you will be checking in to talk to your designated counselor every day till you leave, and for other group meetings." He says as I look at the many doors.

"This is the cafeteria, you will eat breakfast, dinner, and supper in here. The first thing you do when you wake up is go to breakfast at 8am, then dinner at 12 and finally supper at 5pm. We work on a schedule so you have to try your best not to be late, you usually have a tight schedule which allows you to make it but incase you have a loose one just try to keep time. We try to keep you guys active when you're in here."

We continued into a room that had a TV and a couch, a few tables with chess and checkers. A ping pong table and foos ball.

"This is the rec center, remember this isn't prison, we want you to be able to have fun."

Finally he leads me into another corridor with more doors but they look much different.
"These are the bedrooms. You will share one with your roommate, we try to pair you new guys up with people who have been here a while so in the hopes you guys become friends they could show you the metaphorical ropes. Are you ok with co-ed rooms?"
I looked up at him and nodded.
"Good." he continues walking looking down at my chart. This is your room he points to a grey door with the  number A6 on it. "This is your room, you must be in it by 9pm and you may only leave it to go to the bathroom The day starts at 8 with breakfast and that's when you may leave, you are allowed to leave or get to your room an hour late to shower but just check in with the hallway supervisor." I nod even though everything is totally over whelming.
Roommate? They'll hate you.
"Most nights you may be awoken so we may check your blood pressure and such so just be prepared."

"Follow me I'll show you the rest rooms so you may change into the uniform."

I followed half way down the corridor and turned onto an interesting one. He pointed at the men's restroom and gave me folded clothes and a large ziplock bag.

"Since you were hospitalized prior your clothes were most likely cut off and already thrown into a bag but just put your gown in this one, we do have your phone and you will be allowed 1 hour internet time a day on the computers here. You will get your phone once you check out." I nodded and scurried into the bathroom sitting on the toilet.

I tried to hold in sobs as I knew Dr. Wilkson was waiting for me to return. "It's just so much." I whisper to myself. "I don't belong here."

I flushed the toilet so it would make it seem I was just peeing as I got my uniform on.
It was a pair of sweat pants and a white v cut t-shirt.
"Great so they can still see the gauze.." I looked down subconscious turning the gauze as I would with my wrist. I sucked in air as the gauze caught the stitches and bit my lip. Better remember not to do that again.

I walk out to Dr. Wilkson and hand him the bag.
"Alright Sean." He says looking down at his watch.

"It is 6:53pm so supper has happened and it is your first day so I'm just going to let you stay in your room. I know this is a very scary thing but trust me everyone here was you at some point, don't worry ok?"
I nod looking at the white tile under the slippers they give us.

When I get to my door he hands me a yellow sheet of paper. "This is your schedule. There are multiple free times where you can chill in your room or at the rec center just make sure to be at your meetings and meal times. If at some point you get lost ask one of the doctors we're everywhere." He smiled and got down to my level so I would look at him and not the ground.
"You're going to be ok I promise" I nod again as it's all I can do he smiles and stands back up.
"You may go in if you'd like." He gestures as I nod and he pats my shoulder and begins to walk away.

I grab the handle and take a deep breath in before opening the door.

_______________
I reallllly want to keep going but it's already so long-X