Chapter 33- No Way

Marks POV

I looked down blushing. I could not believe that Jack had just kissed me. After everything. I was so confused yet so joyed.
"Uh uhh" I heard Jade protest. "There is no way I am allowing this to happen." She said gesturing at us.

"I'm sorry Mark but you were given a second chance, which was clearly a mistake." She looked back to Jack. "Surely, you won't fall victim to this again?!" She questioned.

I looked over at Jack who was biting his lip. "I love him." He said, I felt my cheeks begin to blush.
"Yes, but look at whats happened. Look at where you've been and who you are. Remember how you felt!" She retorted.
"I know but- " She cut Jack off, "Remember how I found you, that night in the hotel." She stammered. "I-" he stopped looking down to the floor, his hair covering his eyes.
"Hotel?" I questioned not even knowing. I grabbed my mouth looking at Jade not meaning to pry.
She sighed.

"Jack and I met at my previous job, he-" she paused rubbing her wrist. "He had tried to kill himself. I patched him up the best I can and we've been friends ever since." She finished.

Oh. I thought. It's my fault. Again. You hurt people. Rang through my head. I waited a few moments and stood up, Facing the door. "Mark wait" I heard much closer to my ear leading me to believe Jack was now standing behind me.

"You can't leave." His voice sounded hoarse but desperate. "I- I can't stay here Jack. I can't let you get attached to me again." Tears began to fill my eyes. I heard him grunt in protest as if he was trying to say something. "I'm already attached to you.." he said grabbing my arm and causing me to turn towards him. I looked anywhere but his face.
"I can't Sean." It was there, I was serious, using his real name. I could see him wipe tears as I said that, wondering if he could see mine.

I flinched at the sudden contact as he attempted to wipe away my tear stream. "Please, I don't care about my feelings." He pressed. I grabbed his hand. "But I do." I replied. "Then stay because I care about you." I was at a loss for words. I looked back at Jade who I couldn't get a reading off of, she nodded.
Jack must have saw because as I turned back he smashed our lips together, making sure I didn't miss it this time. I pulled away, "so does this mean we're dating?" He nodded, "mhmm" I smiled pushing our lips back together. We cried into the kiss knowing we got another chance.

It's been around an hour since I was "allowed" to stay, We had basically been sitting on top of each other ever since trying to make up the lost time.
Jack had excused himself to the background as Jade snuck up behind me. "You hurt him one more time Mark and I swear to the gods." She whispered through gritted teeth. I nodded not being able to see her. "I'm going to give it my all I love him." I whispered back. "You better. " she finished, slipping back into her chair so Jack wouldn't notice.

"I'm going to do better.. I love him." I whispered to myself.

I love him.

_________________
Wowie another update???
-x