Chapter 38- The Case

[Jade Edit by @sly_fowxz_ !!!]

I'M SORRY ITS NOT LETTING ME TAG YOU GUYS :((

Mark's POV

I sat in the chair, eyeing at the door awaiting Jack to return.
"Well as he is gone it is the perfect time to ask you guys some questions," She chimed and grabbed more papers.

Jade and I both looked at her, but our minds were on Jack.
"Why was Jack backer-acted?" You hurt people.
"Me," I said without hesitation.
"You sir?" Yes.
"What he means.." Jade kinda started. "Was seeing Mark for the first time since something bad happened really...it really got to Jack and he needed to hurt himself, but he almost died.." the room got harsh as she finished, you could feel the heaviness.

"Ah I see, do you believe we have a case?" Do I believe? Fuck yeah I do did you fucking see him?
"Yeah, did you not see him?" I retorted with an attitude.
"Oh please take no offense sir, it's a required question, just to make sure of the credibility." I nodded and gestured and apology.

"Was there something you learned today, that was new. Had he kept a secret?" She questioned.
"The blades," Jade answered, as I nodded.
"And the- and the rape," I added.

Cindy nodded, and continued to look through her papers. I looked down at my phone, where is he?
"Ma'am do you have a spare bathroom key?" She hesitated to think. "I believe one of the custodial workers should have one, why?"

"I want to go check on Jack, but if he won't open the door, then I'd need a key. I don't want to cause a commotion. He's been really good recently, but he still gets panic attacks and some flashbacks, I want to check on him." She nodded, "I'll be right back one moment." She walked out.

"Sh-should we talk to him, about what he did...to get blades?" Jade asked.
"No, he doesn't want to be open about it," I answered back.
"But Mark.. you do realize. That if our case is accepted, he's going to have to tell a whole court room?" I nodded.
"Just don't tell him that." I half smiled, still worried about the time Jack has been in the bathroom.

I heard a slight jingling noise get closer to the room, and Cindy jogged in with the key. "Here you go," She said almost out of breath.
"In heels girl? Damnn!" Jade said, as they both laughed.
"Thank you!" I said grabbing the key and running around Jade toward the door. 

I knock. "Jack?" I say putting my ear to the door.
I waited in fear, what if he's passed out? What if he's done something?
"Yeah?" Croaked through the door. Oh thank you!
"I'm coming in ok?" I heard a shuffling sound, and I shoved the key in the door. I opened slowly, in case he was near it, and slipped in.

I looked down to see Jack against the wall, next to the door. He had been crying and his knees were up against his chest as he rested his head on them.
I sat on the floor in front of him and put my head on his knees too.

"Jack what's wrong?" It sounded so stupid of me to ask, I know what's wrong.
He sniffled, and tried to get some air.
"I just.." he couldn't breathe.
"Shh shh shh. Its ok take your time baby." I tried to calm him.
"This..it-its-its all this!" He cried.
I pushed his knees aside, and flung onto him. Wrapping my arms around him.

He hesitated at first, but clung to me for dear life.
I let him cry into me. Hugging him was all I could do but it felt so good, I love Jack so much. I kissed his head, just because I could.

At some point Jack finally calmed down, and I wiped his tears. "Better?" I asked. He bit his lip and nodded. I pecked his lips. "Stop biting your lip, that's my job," I whispered, then pulled away. His face turning a bright red.

We rejoined the room, as I handed Cindy back the key. "He just needed a hug," I said. She nodded, thanking me for the safe return of the key.
"Alright Jack," she begun. "You have a case"
We all smiled, and so did he. "I'm sending out a letter, to the Psych-Ward. We'll be suing them, for allowing this to happen." He nodded.

The notice is for one of our soonest appointments, in about a month. That was really far way but at least we got an appointment.

We decided to go back to the hotel, considering Jack was emotional exhausted. We called the uber and waited outside, since it was nice out. Well, actually because Jack was anxious, but it was still nice out.

The uber pulled up, and we all piled in the back.
I noticed Jade had paused and put her hand on her chest. "You ok?" I asked over Jack, causing him to look to her.
"Yeah," She said in a stern voice, smiling at Jack. "Just a palpitation." She finished, taking her hand off her chest.
"Oh I hate those!" I added, trying to lighten the mood, since I got everyone's attention on Jade.

Once we returned home, Jack and Jade decided they both needed a nap, I agreed and decided I'd go for a walk, considering it was so nice out. I kissed Jack goodbye and closed the door behind me.

I love him.
____________________
:))-X