Chapter 29- Not Forgotten

Jacks POV

Congratulations

I pulled back from Mak, her smile short lasting.
"Oh" flowed through her lips. I watched as her eyes became watery as she wiped at them real quick.
"You're leaving.." It finally hit. Although I was thrilled to be released, I did call this place my home for a few weeks.
"Hey hey!" I thought. "I'll message you during your hour everyday and let me know as soon as you're out ok?" She nodded looking down the floor. I took this moment to crouch down so I could make eye contact with her. "I'm not going to forget you." As soon as I said that the dam broke. Tears began flowing and she began sobbing. I pulled Mak into a large hug holding her head into my chest.
"I'm really happy for you.. I am." She cried. "I'm just really gonna miss you!" She continued.

"I'm gonna miss you too Mak, trust me." We broke away and I wiped her tears away.

"Bed now!" Someone boomed from behind us. "Fuck" I muttered. "What time is it?" I asked as we scurried back to our room.
"Half past 8 I believe?" She answered. "Shit I gotta stay out of trouble." I whispered as I entered the room for hopefully what would be the last time.

We lay in our beds the darkness engulfing us, neither of us able to sleep. "Ja-ack" Mak whispered, fearful of waking me up. "Yeah?" I whisper back. "Are you sure you're not gonna forget me?" Her voice changes from calm and questionative to solum and unstable.
"I promise." I reply. "Tomorrow morning give me your number and I promise I'll message you whenever." I smile knowing she can't see it.
She stays silent, I look over but I can't see through the dark abyss which is our room.  I get up as quiet as possible and pad over to her bed. I slowly get in her flinching at the sudden contact of my body but relaxing into it. I hug her as she begins to sob for a few minutes shortly after her body calms and becomes unresponsive, I can only imagine she fell asleep as I decided to do the same.

"I won't forget you, Mak" I mumble before letting the darkness cradle me to sleep.

_________________
Its been a while hasn't it??
Ok so here's a question for you guys.
I need help from 2 people!!
Are you good at editing and would like a chance to grow closer to me??
Inbox me "edit" and I'll give each of you guys a prompt, that you must fix to the best of your abilities. will be picking 1-2 of you guys to be brought on as editors:)))
(I'd like to give my readers a shot this time)
If you have won a contest before you can still try out I'm picking the BEST editors but everyone has a chance. Good luck <3-X