Chapter 7- The Flight

Mark's POV

"Bye!" We wave to Bob after thanking him for dropping us off so we could leave our car at home and not some dumb airport parking garage.

We sped walked through the airport so we could get to bag check. We had been a little late due to our little "free time" earlier but it shouldn't have slowed us up much. 

"Mark?" I hear Wade say as I picked up the pace with my little legs. I focused on his suitcase rolling behind him when I noticed him limping. At first I was concerned, but then I began to snicker, knowing I was the cause for that.

"Shut up," He said, embarrassed, but I could tell he was also laughing while reminiscing earlier events.

Waiting in line just to get to the scanners felt like forever.  Finally we took off our shoes and emptied our pockets. I lifted the bags on the tracks and took off my coat.  I watched Wade go through the big scanner. He was good. I then climbed onto the scanner and placed my feet on the green markings.

Once I heard a ding and the scanner opened, I stepped out and headed toward Wade to grab our things. "Come on," he said, taking off. He had slip-ons, as I did not. I hopped after him in the airport trying to get on my other shoe, struggling with the bags. "Ba-be," I tried to say, muffled of me trying to untie my shoe.  He turned fast and looked at his watch. "We don't have time for this. It's 10:53 and our Gate is almost halfway across the airport!" He said in a frantic voice. He grabbed my suitcase so they both rolled behind him. "It's time to run just hold your shoe." He then took off and I followed behind him. I laughed as it looked like he was in the full Naruto run with those suitcases pulling his arms back like this.

The next two minutes was of us dodging people and carts and I had to jump a few suit cases of people who didn't get out of the way in time.

"Gate 48," he mumbled, with our tickets in his mouth as his head nodded up to get my attention to the gate before us.  The lady was just about to close the door "Wait!!" We both yelled out. She turned and frowned knowing her job was not over yet. We slammed into her desk. "Tickets please..." her snooty voice rang in my ears you could just hear her eyes roll. She ripped the tickets and gave us our stubs. "Have a nice flight" she mumbled as we got onto the ramp. We roamed to our seats. "First class? Nice," I mumbled as we took our seats.

We graciously took the pillows that were offered to us and eye masks and decided we both needed a nap. We reclined our seats and put up our inner arm rests to cuddle.  After about 5 minutes of silence I was about to drift off to sleep until I heard Wade. "My ass hurts."  I spat out laughing and I felt his hot air on my neck from his smile laugh. He's so cute. I can't wait to marry him.

I woke up but I wasn't on the plane any more. I was in a hotel room. It seemed familiar. "Hello?" I rang out. Pushing myself off the bed. Upon investigating I noticed the only light peering into this dark hotel room was coming from an almost closed door. I began to approach it. "Hello?" I whispered. The door seemed to be getting farther away but I eventually caught up to it. I looked through the crack and what I saw horrified me.
It was a man. He was on the floor, lifeless. Blood spooled on the floor around the man. It seemed to have been coming from his arms. Green. "J-Jack?.." I questioned slowly cautious of all movement. I slowly began to open the door when his head snapped up. His eyes snapped open and he gasped for air sobbing. "How could you do this?!"
"How could you do this to me?!" "I loved you!"
I stumbled back as he began to stand up. In that moment he seemed taller than me and fright took over my body. I was at a loss for words. I stumbled back a few times until I noticed I was trapped in a corner and I had tripped. I pulled my knees up to my chest and watched in horror as he came towards me. "I...I don't know you," I mumbled in fright. His face went from rage to confusion to sorrow. I kinda felt bad for him. And then he faded away.

I shot up ripping off my mask. I looked to my left to see Wade drooling. I smiled weakly and went back to thinking about my dream. "I must know more," I whispered to myself. I was going to pull up my laptop and search more about Jack but I wouldn't know what to do if Wade woke up. After thinking, I just decided to lay back down. "Miss?" I called the stewardess. "Yes sir?" she chirped. "May I have a blanket please?"  She nodded and reached above me and handed to me. I smiled as my thank you and I threw it over Wade and I. Hopefully we get there soon, I thought while cuddling into wade trying to steal his warmth.