CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: HEARTBREAK GIRL

Start from the beginning

I need to meet this 'Hemmings' dude first, I guess.

*HARRY'S POV*

Saving Cher from drowning in the swimming pool was such a bad move!

And here I said that I'm officially back to my old ways of being a bully!

I can't help but worry for her since she has completely become my weakness...

I don't know what to do anymore...

I should probably just avoid her for the time being.

*CHER'S POV*

"Luke Hemmings?" I inquired when a guy with a gelled up dirty blonde hair who had almost the same light blue eyes as Niall and a piercing on his lower lip answered the door.

"OH GOD! CHER LLOYD?!" He started hyperventilating as soon as he laid his eyes on me like a starstruck fanboy or something.

"Can I come in or are you just going to continue standing there with your mouth hanging wide open?" I got impatient after some time.

"Oh, right. Come in!" He stepped aside to let me through.

Inside his house were three other guys from his band I guess and they were playing video games which was pretty tempting to join in but NO, I need to settle important matters first!

I can't just play video games with a bunch of strangers...

"This is Michael, Ashton, and Calum." Luke pointed to each one of them who in turn, greeted me with a simple yet friendly hi.

"Hello." I greeted back.

"Luke loves you by the way!" I heard Michael tease his friend.

"..." I stared at Luke awkwardly with a poker face on and he did the same but with a cute smile plastered on his face which made me notice his lovely dimples.

"Can we talk... in private?" I eyed his friends who were all gawking at the two of us like they're waiting for something to happen.

"Um, okay. Right this way..." He led me away from the living room to his room.

"Okay, I'll get straight to the point, why were we linked to each other?" I crossed my arms.

I have a feeling that this guy's way too young for me...

"Oh, you mean the dating rumors? I'm sorry about that! It's because of one of my interviews wherein I admitted that I'm a fan of yours and you know the media... they tend to exaggerate an awful lot." He ran his fingers through his hair.

Whoa, he's cute. I'm a sucker for cute things...

"Want me to clear the misunderstanding between us?" He asked. I hope he didn't notice when I was in a daze for a second while thinking how cute he was.

"Uh yeah, that would be a great help." I smiled.

He stared at me some more and then there was this awkward silence in the atmosphere.

"So... yeah. Basically, I just came here for that. I should probably go now..."

*THE NEXT DAY AT THE MTV MUSIC AWARDS*

Why does Marshall always inform me late when it comes to these kind of events?! Ugh.

I arrived on the red carpet a bit late because I had to pick a friggin' dress that would suit to my taste!

I ended up wearing a simple white and yellow plaid dress with an apricot fur coat on top of it just for the sake of looking glamorous.

When I was already in the spotlight near the entrance where I had to pose and smile and blow kisses for the cameras, I saw a glimpse of One Direction who passed by in front of me.

Zayn and Harry didn't look my way at all and were giving me the cold shoulder for some reason.

"Hey, Cher!" Louis and Niall both greeted at the same time then paused for awhile to pose with me at the cameras with each of their arms wrapped around my shoulders.

Liam just looked at me rather briefly and then went on his way, following Zayn and Harry inside.

"I missed you!" Niall exclaimed.

"I just left your apartment yesterday meaning we didn't see each other for only a day..." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You didn't even give us the chance to give you a proper farewell party!" Louis started whining.

"I thought going to the pool was the farewell thing already..." I whispered back.

"No way! That's just too lame for a farewell party!" He face-palmed himself.

Just then, 5SOS entered the scene and the reporters started hovering around them, asking questions like,

"Luke, is it TRUE that you're dating Cher Lloyd?"

I guess this is the part wherein he clears the 'misunderstanding' between us.

I waved a 'hi' at him when he looked my way before answering the reporters and he waved back with a smile.

"To be honest... YEAH, WE'RE TOTALLY DATING!" WHAT THE?!

Luke flashed me a smirk which probably read 'I lied.'

I guess looks really CAN be deceiving... never knew he turns out to be a jerk!

"Help!" I turned to look at Louis and Niall.

"We're on it." Louis dragged Niall with him as they approached 5SOS.