48. Changed For Good!

Arohi

"Are you tired? " He asked me as we walked to get back to home. Our car broke down while we were returning from his hotel suite after picking up some of his important business stuff he wanted, of course it was way to spend some valuable time with me and for which he made every kind of excuses to tag me along.

I glanced him angrily for being this as I knew he wasn't calling for any help either. How could he get to talk to me, trying every way to make me smile or laugh and act as if nothing ever happened between us?

" We can have our lunch somewhere. I know you are tired. " He said as I watched him shake his broad shoulder.

" And I know you are purposely making us walk. We aren't even taking cab because you have got some problems with every cab or cabbie which I totally get." I said looking away from him. He didn't say anything and kept up walking little behind me.

" I called Arjun, he said Raj's gonna pick us." I added little later.

" Okay. " I heard his steps just beside me as he entwined our fingers making me feel something different. I always craved for his touch and embrace all these years but now when he was here all for me, I couldn't,I just couldn't cherish his presence.

Whenever his fingers touched the little of my skin every worst memory would haul up to urge me to push him away and punish him, to do what I never thought for him.

I never expected I was going to feel that way but I did. No matter how hard I tried to forgive him, I wasn't able to instead I found happiness in making him jealous by smiling at Raj or not listening to him. But not for long because as his face would fall, I would shatter too, guiltily. Arjun was indeed right. He needed to know what it feels to be wronged each time and I was trying to do that.

I watched our entwined fingers and felt him run his arm against mine while he began slowly, "How will you know that I am trying to change for us if you don't spend time with me?"

He gulped and added, "I have been told a lot of things to go away from your life but when I see you I stay. So will you try to stay with me?"

I looked up at his tired eyes to make my knees go weak.

" What else I need to do Dev? Look you are holding my hands when everyone around me thinks you shouldn't. And that everyone aren't anyone, they are the most beautiful peoples that came to my life. " I said only to get his hold get tighter around my fingers. His eyes got smaller bit by bit as we went on staring each other intently.

" It hit me hard.. Aw! Ouch!" He fell on the ground with me upon him the second he said 'hard' pointing his chest, as he funnily ran into a pole making a dang sound.

" Oh Dev! Leave my hand! Leave it. " I yelled at him slapping his leg with the other hand. He was making awkward sounds and I knew he was faking it so I jumped upon his stomach sitting stride, the same position I fell upon him.

" Oh! Ouch. " He cried holding my waist to stop me. With the feeling of childish revenge, I hit him with my purse muttering incoherent things until crowd buzzed and laughed to grab my attention.

What are we doing?

I looked at him to find a extremely amused face with the dimple carving his cheeks and that tired eyes now shone in happiness. While I was busy admiring the smile I missed, he caressed me showing his teeth.

" Your nose is red. " He said cheekily to send butterfly in my stomach.

This was how I wanted to feel not that wrong feeling that I was feeling these days whenever he tried to get close to me.