5. Losing Myself

Hey, lovelies! Hope you are enjoying my story so far. Don't forget to add it to your reading list. Vote and comment if you honestly like the chapter. Friends, it takes a little time to do it so please make my day. Well, I am very happy that more people are reading and giving feedback. Thank you so much for that.

Well, I dedicate this chapter to my new reader @littlefosky who left a really very sweet comment and asked for an early update. Keep showering your love dear.

Dev

Bright white gleam bequeathed a classic view of the interior of the establishment. This restaurant was one of the places where business people, VIPs and Royal like Anuska herself dined.  My fingers rubbed the soft table cloth while my ears worried with the way Anushka talked to me. I always knew how much she liked me.

Why? Just because I have good looks. That's not a good criterion to choose a partner. At least I learned after the unsuccessful relationship I had been in.

And I very well knew that I wasn't the one to be trusted. I could never love anyone to the extreme after what I had experienced in my life.

But I couldn't stop loving my sister who too left me all alone in here. Love comes with responsibilities and then restrictions which bound you. I couldn't bound myself anymore now.

"I never thought that you would marry like this with the girl like that!"

Like what? Classless? She didn't look a classless woman in her red silk. My face turned into confusion and a bit unapproved of her objectionable views.

"I mean she isn't any businesswoman or any popular, famous one. She is not a woman even, she is a girl who is given the responsibility in her infancy! "

That was lame. She was much sense in terms of talking. She knew how to handle rich spoiled brats. Did she know? Was she the one even I was after?

Every fucking time she made me rethink. It was her picture and address that my special detective mailed me after all his digging about that bastard. He was my trusted and famous detective. Could he go wrong?
No.

"She is beautiful. " I told Anushka the truth and went back thinking about that classless woman. She talked about things that touched me. No one ever made me feel the way she does. She makes me feel small. Small by heart, guts. She is brave. Her each word sounds like painful mourns.

That night she made me rethink. She suffered a lot in her life. I felt pain and betrayal in her string of words. Does that give her the license to play with the rich married man?

He was bastard whom, I don't know why my sister loved so much. He betrayed her with other women. But my sister couldn't handle the last betrayal and she is dead. I find no life in her.

She was the one for whom he did that to Anya. She too deserved to cry throughout her life.

"Dev. "

She calls me differently. With fear but possession. Her face always pronounces 'I am your wife'. Her pale and beautiful face makes my heart melt after all these years. But the voice isn't of her now, it's Anuska's.    

" Anu, I don't have enough time. Please clear up the things. You are my friend and I don't want you to think I am being so business-minded with you but that's what I am. Business and friendship are very two different things. Why not just talk it out later so that you could think it out? "