13. Darkness

Arohi

I was standing in the middle of the room in the designer and expensive saree that Arjun forced me into. It was already 12:00 and he hadn't shown up.

As I heard the door push open with the loud sound, my feet shook out of nervousness as the terror ran through me thinking how he would behave.

The lights Illuminated the room and everyone cheered for him loudly and he was standing haphazardly near the door in his usual white T shirt and grey sweat pants.

"Happy birthday. "

His face was covered with horror and fear and he looked around his eyes spotted me. I saw relief in him as his hard stature relaxed and his solid body moved a bit taking in what actually the thing was.

" Happy birthday bad boy. " Arjun went to him and cheered him loudly, hugging him.

" Just please don't do anything to her! I will give whatever you want. " Arjun imitated him, laughing. There was love and care in those words that I always craved for. I was almost to tell him that I was fine when Arjun shushed me like the earlier times I almost spoiled his plans.

He walked slowly to me, expressionless," So this was all planned joke?"

"Of course my friend. "Arjun sang and I looked straight into his smiling eyes. Those dilated eyes danced in assurance and I smiled at him back.

" So you were in it? " he asked me quietly with the rough voice and noticed his change in mood. I always feared this. His madness and sudden change.

" Happy Birthday Dev. " I managed looking straight into his glazing eyes and then his chin getting hard. He was trying to keep himself from saying anything but as I finished he lost his control.

As I said his name his hand flew up and struck my face making a loud sound as I fell in the floor. My little scream echoed my ears and i gulped down all my uneasiness and fears that was aroused in me.

He slapped me with such a force that my head first twisted a bit and when I couldn't handle the force I fell on the floor. My cheek was burning and I could feel the stinging sensation due to his hard slap.

I looked up to see him but the blurry vision didn't allow me to. All I knew was that he didn't move an inch for me. This was hurting me lot than the hard slap.

"Arohi? " Arjun caught me to stand me up as my feet were shaking. " Are you fucking mad? This whole thing was for your freaking birthday. "

Arjun went on yelling him and he said nothing. He was angry for this joke. I knew he would be mad and tried to explain Arjun he pulled me into it.

He emphasized that it would make him realize that I mattered to him but it went for me like it. I was sure of the disaster.

"I am so sorry Arohi. I must have not pulled you into this. I didn't know he would be this vicious. " I stood up to look at him but he had his face on the other side.

" Dev? " I tried to question him but he didn't turn to me. Arjun caught my attention and rubbed my head.

" Just don't give a damn about him. Let's go your head is bleeding. " I thought he would turn to me because little earlier I knew he cared for me. His panicked voice while talking to Arjun told me several stories.

I waited for him to look at me and talk to me but he didn't. Heartbroken I led my way out of all this. My hope always touched the peak and then the next I always found myself standing on the ground.