37. Reminiscence

Dev

I watched her laugh, talk and smile at every person around her. She was totally unaware of my presence I think. Was she ignoring me or really she hadn't seen me?

It was better though. I didn't want her to know that I was ogling at her. She didn't look anything near to what she was fucking four year back, curly long hair in a simple pony with her body draped in the traditional cloth which covered each corner it. Now she had the exposing salmon coloured dress that went up her knees and top much below her neck while her feet were upon a six inch high heel with hair that were styled adorably.

Oh! Her stomach. That big belly. I had everything still imprinted clear in my head that I could tell how much inches it protruded out. Her flat stomach now intrigued me.

She changed a lot! Now I knew how much I liked her in those plain salwaar suit and saree. Four years without me changed her to this.

No wait! Four years, three months and fucking ten days to be exact!

She came closer to a man in very black expensive suit. He laid his eyes upon her from top to toe, passing a vibrant smile with face consisting of a sharp dimple before placing a peck on her cheek to which she gladly smiled back and hit his arm playfully. Then they started to talk. How could you be this happy Arohi?

I cursed myself for coming in this party. It was a great charity gala in Dubai where every auspicious business person came from every corner of the world. But I came here to only see her and burn from inside. I had no idea what she was doing, how she was. I always wondered how our baby was. Was she even keeping her? My whole night would pass imagining things but each time my head forced to look at him. I cringed and shut myself for thinking about my own child. My love.

Then again I would occasionally smile thinking how she cried watching sweet babies in commercials or when her favorite food ended. I would sit up in the middle of the night to watch my door of the toilet as if she is just coming out of it crying for having to go there a lot. And that excitement on her face watching baby stuff and then crying next instant. That was insane but sweet, adorable and emotional at the same time. That ludo game we played once. I laughed thinking how she turned the board upside down.

Her childishness!

My baby? I had all the baby clothes that she made in my closet occupying the best place so that I could remember what I was missing the whole time.

I looked at her and one foot almost moved so that I could know where and how my baby was.

Boy or girl?!

But.. But she wasn't healthy. There were complications. What if my girl... I stopped thinking at all. She was supposed to live with my baby.

But where was she until now? What was she doing for living?

Here suddenly?!

One of my business partners, Mr John stood beside me and greeted me, instead of greeting back, I asked him this, "Do you know that man with the lady in Orangish pink dress?"