6. Hold On To Me

Note: This chapter is unedited so feel free to point out my mistakes.

Arohi

After what all suddenly came one after the other and things that I confronted yesterday made my mind so heavy as if I had tons of weight above it pushing it down. At moment I was feeling like it would bury me six feet under. Heaviness and sadness was choking me and I couldn't think of anything else than to sit in his bed and think everything in a flash not knowing which mess was much more hurting me and needed the attention.

I know there Arun would be so broken and alone with the corpse of Ma lying before him. I shuddered at the thought and to face the situation was much more difficult thing for me. I couldn't think of a single person who would calm me down at the sight that would be in front of me if I go to see her lying lifeless and for the first time in life she wouldn't give me huge smile and hug which I would always crave for.

My tears fell down on my arms. I looked around me. One could see everything everything in this Raizada's mansion. Luxury, paintings, vases, chandelier everything was so expensive but none could calm you raising head and crushed heart.

I looked at the couch where I stared him the whole night sleeping peacefully as if nothing happened. At times he made me feel loved and then next he made me his slave bound to him.

Am I even bound to him? Can I leave him? And run away from from all the chaos he has been handling all his life?
I thought of running away many times but then his face would come in front me. He is this because everyone left him in his state and he did whatever he wanted with it. Became whatever helped him get this all around me and fuel his ego. With time he made out that money could make him powerful. At least I was so sure that no one had let him taste the real love in life.

His sister? What happened to her? Why he don't tell me things clearly? All this forced marriage thing and Maa death made me so weak to stand from my bed. For the first time after our marriage I slept in his meant to be warm and cozy bed and woke up at my leisure. He went away without bothering me, cursing me. Things were changing a bit though. Him allowing me to meet Arun whom he would kill the next he see when I didn't ask him so. Every time he opened up to me, I took that as a step for us getting along.

I sighed at my state in which I have no idea what exactly I have to behave. Everything was crushing my heart into pieces and I wanted a hand to hold on to. I blankly looked at the side table and my eyes caught the small but expensive clock which said it was 10:15 am.

He each day left me in his big mansion to sit in my room and think what else life could offer other than death and dismissal. It hurts to be rejected and unloved. Was it all my destiny? I couldn't think of something positive. I was so full of negative stuff. Person near me too was negative and I wondered if we will ever make it to something good.

It was when I was so involved in my agony my phone rang. Dev flashed in the screen. His name and his behavior was so incoherent.

"Dev Raichand. " I chanted madly wondering how it would sound together and it was so heavy marking the powerful man behind the name.

I picked up the call and not a word came out. His name stuck in my throat and I couldn't speak anything more. It was little later he said it so softly. There was an inch of pity in them that I soaked in. I ached to see his face but he was in his office working to maintain the prosperity around me.

"You need to get ready. I will get you there to meet her.. "

He stopped as he couldn't find words to address the beautiful soul which left the body. I unable to speak much said," hmm.. " to let him know I followed his instructions. Without another word he hung up the call and I still sat with the phone in my ears hoping to hear something comforting not pitiful.