41. Inevitable

Dev

I was continuously driving in the middle of the night to find her trying to prop the places she would think of going.

Arun!

I went to the orphanage to know she didn't come to him. Hesitant enough, I knocked the dusty door of Vidhan's even. He showed a pity face when I enquired about her. Next I tried Aditi who was quite sleepy to even recognise it was me. Have I ever talked this nervously to anyone?

Anushka!

I called her with lots of hope. "Anushka is Arohi with you?"

"No. But are you crying? " She asked me to but I disconnected the call to think of anyone else to enquire in vain.

Disheartened I drove any road to look for her showing the pictures of her to random people. Everyone stared me and then gave disgusting look. I didn't care. All I wanted was her safety.

'Maybe she was right? '

'What if Shubham framed her? After all she told he gave her fake identity.'

I caught my hair for always thinking bad about her. I loved her enough to make myself believe that she too loved me and was always innocent. But that voice which always said otherwise and was not ignorable even if I had tantrums in the same head to justify for her.

'Can anyone understand this thing? '

'Can anyone help me shut that voice? '

I gulped at the thought and looked fir the people.

"Have you seen her anywhere? She is pregnant. Don't go.. Please see look carefully and tell me. " I randomly asked a man.

" She looks pretty huh? " He chuckled mischievously.

Another cry from heart erupted thinking what if she meet someone like this. I kicked him on the floor,"Are you mad? This man is mad! Look at him. He suddenly started hitting me. "

His words brought good amount of people to surround us in the middle of the night too. What was with these people in Mumbai to even work at night to even bother a man thus way? Angrily I sat upon him to kick him but the thought of her pulled me away.

'I need to find her! '

Standing up I asked the same question from another man in the crowd while he commented, "Have you ran from asylum?"

Holding myself I turned from all those who began to make stories from my behaviour, my clothing and their power of imagination.

"Probably! Look at his dirty white T shirt and grey pants. Should we call the police? " The same man said as I slowly retreated from there. I even lost the track of the road to know where I parked my car.

'Where are you Arohi? Are you okay? '

I was going to get her to bind her to me so that she never think of him. I decided to love her the way, she wouldn't need anyone other than me whole her life but where was she?