Phone Call

Saw this online and I've been itching to wrote something angst-y for a bit too.
I'm going to make this sorta pre-season one with Sam still in Stanford.
I'm working on other one shots too but anyways enjoy.
==========                           ==========

Dean groaned in pain as he clutched his bleeding abdomen. He didn't want to die yet; he would be letting John down. He would be letting Sammy down. Dean hadn't even seen his younger brother since that fateful sad day, Sam broke up with Dean and left off to college for a 'normal' life.

Dean and Sam had a secret relationship behind their father's back, but soon Sam just wanted out of the family business to try a 'normal' life. Which mean't they couldn't be together anymore. Even if John had gone missing and Dean wouldn't be able to visit Sam he wanted to talk with his younger brother for one last time.

Dean removed on of his bloody hands from his abdomen and got his phone out and called Sam. He hoped that Sam would pick up and after a couple minutes of endless ringing, Sam finally picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey...Sammy." Dean spoke aloud clearing his throat a little trying his best to mask the pain and sound like everything was okay, "How's it going?"

"Dean?" Sam replied shocked, "Uh, It's been good, met a girl named Jess."

"Really? That's good." Dean responded  forcing a small smile, though he was happy his younger brother had found somebody. Even if that certain somebody wasn't him...

"Yeah, so..how's it going on your end?"

"Oh, uh...nothing much. Just same old, Dad trying to hunt down yellow eyes...." Dean trailed off trying to mask a cough which brought a disgusting metallic taste to his mouth. His head started to fell fuzzy but he ignored it, "Though, Dad's on a hunting trip and hasn't been home in a few days..."

There was no response on the other side before Sam spoke up,"Okay, and I'm sure he'll turn up somewhere." Dean nodded as another cough wracked his body.

"Hey, you okay?" Sam asked having heard the cough.

"Hmm, what? Oh, yeah. It's nothing but a cough..." Dean trailed off wincing a little as he started to feel dizzy and sleepy.

"You sure?" Sam asked again.

"I'm sure." Dean nodded his grip on his wound loosening as he started to feel even more tired.

"Sorry, Dean, but I have to go now.."

"Wait," Dean paused as Sam gave a mumbled reply, "You do know I love you right?"

"I do, Dean....What's this about?" Sam asked worry and concern evident in his voice more than ever.

"You know I'm don't like chick flick moments but..." He trails off giving a dry humorless chuckle as he felt his grip on the phone loosen a bit.

"Just know that I love you as a brother and lover okay? Just know that no matter what, I'll love you, forever." Dean continued ignoring Sam's previous question.

"De-." Sam was caught off by Dean.

"Sammy, I-." Dean stopped mid way when his hand fell limp and hit the ground. Dean's fan fiction green eyes were now dull looking and unfortunately before he could finish he had passed.

"Dean?" Sam asked.

"Hello? Dean? You there?" Panic and worry could be heard in Sam's voice.

"Dean!?"