Part Thirty (Final)

A month had passed once again, my ankle healed fast as well and soon I was back on my feet. Everything seemed to go back to normal, except for the fact that Helios still orbited the planet and Handsome Jack was still the president. He had changed though, maybe that stun rod to the stomach really did the trick. He was doing other investigations of other planets and finding things called vaults, he even sent us a virtual postcard from one of the planets.

I tugged the black and flowing dress up over my torso after spending ten minutes trying to get it over my hips, I pulled the straps over my shoulders and did my best to zip it up. I slipped on my pair of flats that I took with me from Helios and wiggled my toes around in them, actually wearing both this time.

Tonight Rhys and I were going to go dancing, but by ourselves. He said that it would be a good idea to dress up a bit, I could actually go out and buy this dress myself so it was going to be a total surprise for Rhys. I got a job about two weeks ago, I work in a small library and help fill out books about Earth history and do other small things to help out. It felt good to work, it felt good to know how to drive their vehicles, and it feels even better to come home to see the man I love every day.

I walked out to the living room and opened the front door to see Rhys leaning up against the car, holding a gorgeous glowing flower in his hand. He was dressed in the same suit he wore the night he rescued me, he looked amazing dressed up. I smiled and walked up to him, he looked down at me and smiled brightly, a shed of nervousness in his eyes.

"You look lovely." He smirked, tucking the flower behind my ear.

"You look pretty nice yourself." I pulled at the opening of his coat.

"Shall we get going?" He asked.

"Yes, I suppose we shall."

He opened the passenger door and helped me in gently, he ran over to the other side and got in as well. As we drove, he seemed to be a bit nervous as he bounced his leg, I sat back and watched the desert pass by quickly. The sun began to hide behind the rocks but we still drove, I didn't have a clue as to where we were going but I was still very excited.

The vehicle soon stopped as we were back in the Rust Commons, to be exact we were back at the dam. I smiled remembering what happened here only a few months ago, I un-strapped myself and opened the door, Rhys catching me in his arms by total surprise. He smiled at me before kissing my nose, I brushed it against his nose before he set me down on the ground.

"I'm guessing we have to climb back up there, huh?" I asked.

"Yes, your guess it right." He smiled, wrapping his arm around my waist.

We approached the building and I hopped on top of the trash bin, lifting my leg up on the vent and getting on there so much easier this time. The same set up as before laid on the building, but candles lined the other edge of the roof. I smiled as I felt Rhys's arms wrap around the front of my torso and pull me into his embrace.

"I know it's not too much different, but I really liked when we had this date."

"I did too, its perfect." I replied.

He let go of my and walked around, grabbing my hand pulling me back towards the middle of the roof and avoiding the blanket. He turned up the radio and pulled back into our usual dancing position, it had been so long since we had danced together and I couldn't have been happier. Rhys's eyes squinted as he smiled, still very nervous but happy.

"It feels like everything is falling back into place." He spoke, breaking his smile.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"You're home, Handsome Jack is at peace at least for now, you're a model Pandoran, and I get to spend my life with you." His words glided through my ears as his eye lids rested.

"Y-Your life?" I stuttered, knowing where this was going.

"I hope it's not too sudden, but I think that when you meet the love of your life you want to rush in to make it last forever."

"F-Forever?"

"Yes," he laughed a little, "forever."

He spun me around and slowly dropped onto his knee, my skeptical thoughts were right. I watched as he rummaged through his pocket and pulled out a wooden box, opening it up to show a glass ring with a blue line running through the middle.

"I know it doesn't seem like much but-"

"It's perfect," interrupted, "you're perfect."

"I'll take that as a yes?" He asked, moving the box towards me.

"Yes, you can." I smiled down at him.

He nearly jumped back to his feet and pulled me into his tight embrace, he let out a couple of nervous laughs before pulling away and slowly slipping the ring on my finger. I looked up at him and pressed my lips against his, feeling a smile form under my kiss. He pulled away and grabbed my hand, a playful look on his face.

"Care for a dance, my loving fiancé?" He asked.

"Of course." I brought my hand up towards the back of his neck.

He placed his hand back on my hip and we lighted off in a fast paced dance, our feet bringing us all over the roof. I laughed as he would spin me around and bring me into his embrace, holding me in his arms and swaying with the faster music. I felt my heart skip a beat as he picked me up for a small moment and brought me back down, a laugh escaping both of our mouths.

"I love you Baby." He smiled, kissing my nose.

"I love you too Rhys." I rubbed the tip of my nose against his.

"So darlin' , save the last dance for me."