Part Twenty Five

Eating was atrocious, I couldn't swallow anything due to the lump in my throat and the anger that built up in my chest. Every chance he got, Jack would place a kiss on Baby's cheek or lips and it felt like they would last minutes before he pulled away and looked at me. People began leaving to go to the other room where the "ballroom" dancing was going to be taking place, this was when I was going to talk to him and get Baby back.

"Rhys, you need to calm down." Vaughn grabbed my shoulders, looking up at me with a worried face, "you can't face Jack like this, he'll just use your anger against you."

"You don't think I know that?" I nearly yelled, he backed up a little, "I'm sorry man..." I whispered before pulling away from him and walking toward the giant window.

Helios looked down at the moon now, it was all so big out there and almost calming. I wanted nothing more to be back on Pandora though, no matter how much I loved this view. I crossed my arms over my chest and continued to look out in the vast darkness, feeling my heart beat slow down and head clear.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A voice asked me, "I've only been here for a few days, or at least as far as I can remember, but I love looking out of these windows." It was Baby, her arms around her back just admiring the view.

"It... it is very nice." I managed to let words fall out of my mouth.

"Are you from Pandora? I haven't seen you around here on Helios." She looked up at me.

"Uh, yes I am."

"Oh, how do you know Jack?" Her voice flowing through my ears.

"We're old friends." I spoke, looking back at the window.

"That makes sense." She sighed, looking back out the window, "you ever feel like you don't belong somewhere no matter what people say?" She asked.

"Somewhat." I nodded my head awkwardly, she sighed.

"I've felt like that for a while... I'm not entirely sure why, but I just don't think I'm cut out for this high class thing." She laughed a little.

"I know exactly what you mean."

"It was nice talking to you, but I do have to get back to Jack, I'll see you around." She looked up at me.

"Alright." I smiled at her.

She had done the same before slowly making her way towards the same direction as the others were going, the boot on her foot making her somewhat limp away. I watched as she disappeared into the crowd, she didn't even recognize me or remember me in anyway. My chest building back up in anger and sadness, as if they were fighting each other.

I soon followed in the crowd, people staring at me and others continued their walk to the room. Music and laughter could be heard from the hallways, I wasn't looking for a good time at this point because I knew it wasn't going to last long.

Spotting Vaughn and Fiona over in the back, I walked over to them and stood watching the others. Yet again, Jack and Baby were gone doing who knows what behind closed doors.

----------------------------------------------

"I don't understand what I did wrong." I spoke, putting weight on my good foot.

"I told you specifically to not talk to any Pandorans, they are bad news."

"You're from Pandora." I replied, crossing my arms.

"I know, I meant the bandits that still reside on Pandora."

"Well then why the hell did you invite them?"

"Because I can, I'm the boss here."

"Oh? Is that so?"

"Yes, it is so." He walked calmly over towards me, "listen here princess, unless I'm with you, don't talk to anyone from Pandora."

"Fine." I sighed, giving Jack a small smile.

"Thank you, now lets go back out and have some fun." He smiled back before wrapping his arm around my waist.

We walked out as my eyes instantly met that Pandoran man with his group of friends, he seemed down, I wish he would be a bit happier. I heard the music pumping through the air, making me tap my foot and want to move around a little but my ankle hurt a bit. It probably wasn't in my best interest to hurt my ankle yet again, I was lucky that I was walking around on it now.

The lights dimmed a bit, a slow song dominating the last and making the room go from a talkative crowd to hushed onlookers. I looked over at Jack, his smile and rested eyes seemed almost menacing. I tugged at the sleeve of his coat gently, grabbing his attention. He quickly turned and pulled me into his arms, the music taking over the way his body moved.

I felt his hand put pressure down on my back and push me closer to him, grabbing my hand with his and swaying me around the room. It was a tad hard to keep up with his fast movements and sudden change in pace, but he still continued to move as I was struggling. I felt a pain surge in my ankle, causing me to stop almost instantly and catch Jack off guard, he seemed slightly embarrassed before picking me up and carrying me off of the floor.

People looked over at us, but I smiled at them trying to show that I was fine not wanting Jack to become ticked off yet again. He sat me down in a chair and put my leg up on another, I felt my face flush red as others kept looking at the scene. As if I already felt like I didn't belong here, their looks being extremely judgmental in nature. I sighed and looked away, the stranger from before looking at me intently.