Part Seven

"What was that for?" I asked as he pulled away, a smile creeping across his face.

"I don't know." He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck, "I should probably check out soon, you stay right here." He rubbed my shoulder before getting up and taking the pile with him.

I felt bad, he had to get me clothing and take care of me like I was some child. I guess I was really giving up to my name, I looked down at my ankle that was a little less purple than yesterday. I saw Rhys's boots in front of my feet, drawing my attention to look up towards him as he smiled down at me.

He picked me up from the bench and carried me along, the bag rested on his arm as he carried me out of the store. I was quiet, I didn't feel like talking but he didn't seem to poke and try to start conversation, it was like that all the way home.

I was expecting him to drop me off on the couch but he brought me back into his room and set me down on his bed, I wished I could walk because this whole special treatment was making me feel horrible.

"When can I start walking?" I asked him before he could leave the room.

"Well... Dr. Zed said three months."

I looked down at my ankle, feeling disappointed. Rhys walked back over and sat down on the bed with me, he rubbed my back, making me jump a little. I looked at him, he looked worried.

"What did he do to you that made you like this?" He asked, mustering up the courage to finally ask me directly.

"A lot of things that I'd rather not talk about."

"At some point you'll have to tell me." He stated.

"Why? It's not important."

"Cause I care about you, I want to help."

His words made my eyes widen, I didn't know if he was just saying these words to make me happy and tell him the truth or if he actually cared. I turned to him as he had this strange look on his face, he was serious.

"He did a lot of fucked up shit, hurt me, scared me, tore me away from my friends and family... I didn't have much of a life except for working for him."

"At the tattoo place?"

"Yeah, he used to be my boss," I sighed shakily, "one thing led to another and he had me under his tight grip."

"How? He seems evil." He nearly hissed.

"He told me things that made me feel good, but when he said things that made me feel bad it made me realize that I couldn't get anyone else to love me the way he loved me." I laughed as the words I said sounded ridiculous.

"That's... that's not love, that was abuse."

"I'm starting to realize that." I let out another shaky sigh.

"It's a good thing I'll never meet him." He clenched his fist.

"Oh, why is that?"

He was quiet for a minute, collecting his thoughts as he gripped the sheets in his fist. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, I felt his body become less tense as he pulled me closer to his body.

"Maybe it's a good thing that I came here, he gave me this the night before I left." I pointed at my eye.

"I don't know what someone would ever hurt their significant others, it's not right."

"I know, I thought he was good to me, you know?"

"Not really, elaborate."

"Like, when he would hit me he was just trying to get me to listen to him so I wouldn't-"

"That's not being good to you."

"I know, I know."

We sat there on his bed as we watched what I perceived as their sun, begin to set behind large rocks. Our breathing became steady, in sync and was the only noise in the room besides the music that played.

His hand reached under my chin, making me look up at his rested eyes and small smiled that played across his lips. I took on a quick breath before he placed his lips on mine, he back away slightly, rubbing the tip of his nose against mine.

"Was that too soon?" He asked, squeezing my shoulder.

"N-no." I breathed out.

"I was hoping you'd say no," I remained quiet, fixated on his face, "I won't hurt you."

He pulled me into his arms, holding me close to his chest as I could feel his heart beat against my cheek. His embrace felt warm, soft, and comforting, I wanted to stay in his arms forever. He pulled away and laid back down on the bed, I sat there and watched the rest of their sun hide behind the rocks.

"You're my dream come true, my one and only you."